Johnny H

Johnny's VR6 (New Wheels)

Hi Guys.

I've been wanting to start this thread for years cause i've always wanted a corrado and now i've got one. :dance:

I was looking for ages and just before xmas i had a pm from a really nice guy from here called Michael (Toohottotrot) saying he was thinking about selling his VR cause he is going back to Oz and asked what i thought about it.

It was a 96 Aqua Blue with only 75k on the clock and great history and it ticked all the boxes.

So i said i would pop up after the New Year and have a look and after a 2 1/2 hour drive i got there and had a good look and a drive and we did a deal.

So this is my story and i will be updating as the years roll on.

Its a Jan 1996 Aqua Blue VR6 called Sharky (cause it got a Sharks tooth hanging from the mirror which my wife and i brought on our honeymoon in mauritius 4 years ago). It has 75k and great history and with everything working as it should.

Its has koni coilovers and a k&n and thats it. It came with 2 sets of wheels, the ones in the pics and the standard speedlines.

She is on the speedlines now and i've sold the other ones already.

Here are some pics, they are pics given to me from Toohottotrot cause the weather hasnt been that good yet so will update later with my own.

What do you think?

Thanks for taking time to read the long winded thread.

Johnny

Edited by Johnny H

That looks proper tidy mate congrats! Any pics on speedlines? Cars like this with a subtle drop on a set of mint speedies always look awesome!!

Need red rears and dewiper though IMO.

Looks good fella ....... nice low miles !!

Glad you got those wheels off pronto - sorry Toohottotrot but they were not good.

Any plans ?

That looks proper tidy mate congrats! Any pics on speedlines? Cars like this with a subtle drop on a set of mint speedies always look awesome!!

Need red rears and dewiper though IMO.

Just waiting the weather and i'll get some pics with the speedlines on, don't know about the red rears and dewiper tho mate.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Glad you got those wheels off pronto - sorry Toohottotrot but they were not good.

Any plans ?

Toohottotrot brought it with them on aswell and was going to sell them put i took them with the car lol

I hope you have a long and happy relationship with "Sharky" :)

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Any plans ?

Danny I am with you on the wheels.....I was never keen on them, they came with the car. I was going to put "Dotz Mugellos" (think thats how they are spelt) on. I reverted to the Speedlines as they did look heaps better.

Edited by Toohottotrot

Any plans ?

Plans are:- going to get some paint and sort out any rust.

was thinking getting leather.

some nice 16" for the summer

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/...mono_mb;dia=16

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I hope you have a long and happy relationship with "Sharky" :)

I will mate, thanks again for letting her go.

Keep an eye out for this thread cause i will be putting everything i do to her on it.

Edited by Johnny H

......can't go wrong with speedlines fellas :thumbleft:!!

Nothing wrong with updating a car and wheels are a good way of doing this. After all manufactures work down to a price for things like suspension, brakes and wheels, so it's a good way to improve things.

Nothing wrong with updating a car and wheels are a good way of doing this. After all manufactures work down to a price for things like suspension, brakes and wheels, so it's a good way to improve things.

Yeah agreed, but I think the Corrado is especially 'sensitive' to a wheel change. I think VW got it spot on with the Speedline and Solitude first time round, hence I'm a strong advocate of both. Each to their own though.

Very nice car buddy, with that low mileage it looks a keeper for sure :thumbleft:

It sure is mate, she isn't going anywhere.

Nice Rado. Looks very tidy..hopefully it goes well too.

Yeah she does go well and she pulls like a train

Just fixed the fog light (Thanks to hombre_paulo) and i'm hoping to give her a clean tomorrow and get some pics with the speedlines up.

Just did a quick clean and here is some pics with the speedlines and you can see where it needs paint on the bottom of the drivers door which is getting done soon.

Looks good, get some autoglym instant tyre dressing on ALL the black bits. It only lasts about 2 weeks but looks great once it's done.

Is that original paint ? As it looks very good if it is.

Yeah its is but there are some small bits of rust coming through and want to get the all sorted at the same time.

I'll post up some pics to show before and after

Well she is at the body shop now and hope to get her back at the end of the week.

Can't wait to get some pic up of her looking her best

Johnny

Congratulations Johnny H. That sia SUPEB specimen! I hope you can keep in in that condition, it is a stunner. I have a VR6 as well, but older. If I had known the bloke who was selling it was moving to Oz, I would have told him to bring it over and I would have bought it off him (I live in QLD)!

Incidentally - what rims are you running, 16"? And what tread? I'm trying to suss out what fits and looks best.

Edited by amirhayfa

Good looking motor. I shall keep my eyes open for this around Yeovil.

Thanks alot mate.

Yeah keep your eyes open mate, as will i for yours cause i do rock on into yeovil sometimes

---------- Post added at 4:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:46 PM ----------

Congratulations Johnny H. That sia SUPEB specimen! I hope you can keep in in that condition, it is a stunner. I have a VR6 as well, but older. If I had known the bloke who was selling it was moving to Oz, I would have told him to bring it over and I would have bought it off him (I live in QLD)!

Incidentally - what rims are you running, 16"? And what tread? I'm trying to suss out what fits and looks best.

Thanks i'm really happy with it.

I'm back on 15" speedlines now but waiting to get some 16" bbs some, think 16" is the best but some say 17", i'm sure your find the right ones for you.

When the weather get nice i'll pop up some new pics now the paints been done.

Johnny