DriverVR6

Finally taken some pictures of my VR6

Interested to notice that the expansion tank cap is black - someone must have changed that at some point as it had the newer blue type on when I had it. Weird.

Anyway - interesting to see that it was the headgasket after all. So glad to hear it's still soldiering on :)

Well the old girl has exceeded all expectations and gone and passed the MOT. I had to tinker with it a little to get it to pass the emissions, but pass it did. Couple of advisories, but nothing costly or expensive, so I'll do those when the weather warms up a bit. So glad it passed the MOT, as it means another 12 months of using it as my daily !

Edited by DriverVR6

And that is why a Corrado with no side protection looks more sporty, except from the Flash Red one, that looks like it's missing contrast and even looks a bit tall. So like you, DriverVR6, I won't remove my side protectors.

Nice car and nice pics ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

ups: I misplaced teh comment. So, it should be connected to the comment on red and side stribes.

Edited by Redfox

Thats a bummer mate , but im sure you will sort it . I take it a leaky door must have caused this , either that or a hole in the underside ?. I have a doorcard to repair ,as the storm it came out of was hit in the side and cracked it ,not sure how to repair it yet though .Will be interested to see the damage on your cards .

Regards Rob

Edited by robrado974

Refurbed Speedlines are on and it sailed through the MOT with no advisories. Result!.......Not sure why the photos don't show unless you click into them?

Edited by DriverVR6

Yes managed to fabricate the repairs to the rear door cards. I used a set of cloth door cards that I had as a spare set to provide the donor pieces I needed. I think the attached pictures show what I did better than trying to explain....

Edited by DriverVR6

I did the guides, chains and tensioners a month or so ago.

On taking the old stuff out it wasn't broken or too badly worn, so probably didn't need doing.

But glad I did it anyway for piece of mind. Also went for the later one piece upper tension.

Whilst the engine was out I also put in a new complete clutch, water pump, coolant pipe and a few other coolant bits and bogs and the obligatory oil and filter change.

It was quiet before, now it's even quieter, so I'm happy.