P3rks

VR6 Suspension Covers - Part Number?

hey all,

I'm looking for some VR6 suspension top strut covers/caps which sit on the very top in the engine bay. Plastic types..

I've done a search and have found nothing on them. Can anyone provide a part number please? Even looked on vagcat and I can only find the non VR6 cap.

Any ideas please? :scratch:

Funny enough I just ordered some while in the dealer today. They couldn't find the VR6 ones but did find some from another engine type. I have no idea if they will fit but took a chance on them at only 91p each. I will let you know in a couple of weeks when they arrive... V1H0 412 359

but that part is for the passat style, early/4cyl suspension (and small engine mk3 golfs) and won't fit the VR6 style 'stop' on the top of the damper.

Well they're the ones on mine, they screw down onto the strut thread which protrudes above the top nut. I'll screw one off and put a picture up.

Here you go, screwed off, and then screwed back on. My VR is a 93 model, it has early interior, and late exterior. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Look like they'll do for me..

At 91p each it's worth a punt really!

Thanks for the help boys! :thumbleft:

Mine were 91p but a slightly different part number to DriverVR6. Mine are on order but will let you know when they arrive. No idea if they are right yet. Although there were only 6 showing in stock.

Here you go, screwed off, and then screwed back on. My VR is a 93 model, it has early interior, and late exterior. Not sure if that would make a difference.

can't remember seeing those before, they look like the way mk4 top covers fit, but 1H0 is a mk3 part number and they are bigger than mk4 ones, they're not on ETKA, very odd.

Mine were 91p but a slightly different part number to DriverVR6. Mine are on order but will let you know when they arrive. No idea if they are right yet. Although there were only 6 showing in stock.

can't remember seeing those before, they look like the way mk4 top covers fit, but 1H0 is a mk3 part number and they are bigger than mk4 ones, they're not on ETKA, very odd.

This is what's confusing me, both have the same part number, effectively: 1H0 412 359 which appears to be a MK2/3/Ibiza/Toledo/passat/corrado part number

But V1HO 412 359 and TAH 1H0 412 359 don't seem to exist at all, acording to VAGCAT and Google. Maybe the numbers before the 1H0 are just VW or manufacture identifies and aren't actually part of the official number?

I've seen the "TAH" prefix on another VW Corrado part, but I can't remember what it was, but something makes me think it was an exterior trim piece....

Edited by DriverVR6

When I bought some last year, the parts guy looked under VR6 and couldn't find them. So I ordered the only other ones available (think they were listed for pre-facelift models) and they fitted perfectly. 85p when I got them. They are the screw on type like in the pictures above.

The later VR had the "PLUSACHSE" suspension set up and this didn not have any caps fitted as the strut tops are different - you can tell them apart as the later ones are knurled inside and the earlier (MkII) items are smooth. For the ealier ones, MkII golf strut top covers will fit.

Mine is 93 and the same - I'm not sure when the change happened, but it's possible that all VR's had the PLUS setup.

Update:

Part number 1H0 412 359 is correct.

3b7032e8.jpg

They fit a little off centre but otherwise are a nice tight fit.