P3rks

MK3 Golf VR6

I know this is a Corrado forum but some parts are shared with the VR6..

Bought this little beaut to break. Everything is available bar the cylinder head and OBDII gubbins.

A list of what the cars got.

Spax RSX coilovers

Schmidt Modernlines 16x9 5x100 ET15 with 215/40/16 tyres (x2 federal and x2 other similar make iirc). All are lightly curbed but easily refurbish-able and the tyres have had the side-walls rubbed, but loads of tread

288mm front brakes

Samco Purple(ish) hose kit

Chavvy poopy make steering wheel (but actually feels nice to drive with :lol: )

K&N induction kit

Glass sunroof

Stainless De-Cat Pipe

Scorpion exhaust (twin tailpipe)

Aircon

Good headlights, tail lights and fogs (indicators and middle bits have seen better days)

All switches are working

ABS working

Electric Windows working

Everything is available so just drop me a PM or reply to this thread with what you want.

More pictures will come as and when they are off the car or upon request (starting stripping it tomorrow).

Car:

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

Car is located in Sheffield, postage isn't a problem.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Im after the throttle lever damper. The piece the throttle comes to rest on, on the throttle body. If it still actually dampens the throttle lever i'll take that please

(Because the pictures wouldn't fit)

Alloys:

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

---------- Post added at 5:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:57 PM ----------

Hi Rich,

Im after the throttle lever damper. The piece the throttle comes to rest on, on the throttle body. If it still actually dampens the throttle lever i'll take that please

Hey,

the TB is part of the OBDII conversion stuff, sorry.

But I may have one lying around in my box of tricks.

How much are the wheels bud?

Unsure at the moment as prices and condition for these vary a lot. They look worse than they actually are, no major dents or anything it's just healthy curb rash from slow speed careless parking,.. A few hours, some wet&dry and some elbow grease and they'll be mint again.

I need a good £500 back from these to recoup my costs on the car so I'm trying my luck at that price. If I don't get that I'll spend some time and refurbish/powdercoat them and put them up at £600-£700 which seems to be the asking rate for a mint set.

The sticker says these were made in April 2011 and the retard has managed to curb each one. Shame really but that's pretty much the story with the entire car :brickwall:

How much for the decat pipe? Thanks

Posted if possible

Depending on the make/condition I'd say around £30 posted for a generic one. If it's a brand name like milltek it'll be a little more.

I probably wont be getting under the car until I have access to some ramps which could be early next week. Maybe Sunday/Monday if I can blag it.

Rich

---------- Post added at 6:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:19 PM ----------

How much for the coilovers? and will they fit a rado?

cheers Rob

Yep, will fit a Rado.. Any MK3 Suspicion kit will as far as I'm aware

Around £250-300 depending on the full condition when I remove them. I may end up fitting them to mine as the ride/handling was exceptional. If so I'll have some Weitecs up fro grabs for about the £200 mark.

Edited by P3rks

Yep, will fit a Rado, part number matches all MK2/3 Golfs and Corrados with all engines..

Around £250-300 depending on the full condition when I remove them. I may end up fitting them to mine as the ride/handling was exceptional. If so I'll have some Weitecs up fro grabs for about the £200 mark.

Well what ever you decide to have let me know bud, either the spax or your weitecs, what weitecs are you running and how old are they?

Well what ever you decide to have let me know bud, either the spax or your weitecs, what weitecs are you running and how old are they?

They are Hicon GT, unsure of the age as they came on my old G60 from bristolbaron, maybe a year or two? Condition wise they are fresh and fully adjustable.

---------- Post added at 6:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:33 PM ----------

Put me in for the decat... Let me know when you got it out

Will do. You have first refusal.

They are Hicon GT' date=' unsure of the age as they came on my old G60 from bristolbaron, maybe a year or two? Condition wise they are fresh and fully adjustable.[/quote']

Keep me posted bud :)

But first dibs on what ever you decide to sell

Keep me posted bud :)

But first dibs on what ever you decide to sell

Deal.

is it electric mirrors?if not how much fot the mirrors?

It is. Fully working but needs new glass on both. Not sure what they are worth. Make me an offer for these.

Rich

Do you know if the battery cover will fit in the Corrado and what condition is it?

How much for bonnet,,frount bumper,frount panel grille and lights matey .....posted tho to sunny newcsatle

thanks shaun

Edited by shaunVR6

Do you know if the battery cover will fit in the Corrado and what condition is it?

It will, aslong as you have an OE size battery. I'll take it off today and have a quick look and post up some photo's. £12.50 posted sound ok?

How much for the K&N filter mate?

£22.50 posted, looks like its got a little fixing bracket included too.

Hey man would the samcos be the same as corrado 1s? If so how much?

Cheers

Part numbers are different and this engine is OBD2 where as all Corrado VR6's are OBD1 unless they have been converted. I have a OBD1 VR6 in my Corrado so I can match them up and take a look, but from what I've seen the top radiator hose is slightly different as the Radiator outlet in the Golf sits lower, I can't see this posing a major issue. Once the hoses are off I can put them side by side with my original Corrado hoses and see what's what.

Price wise I'll be thinking around the £100-150 mark depending on their condition.

How much for bonnet,,frount bumper,frount panel grille and lights matey .....posted tho to sunny newcsatle

thanks shaun

When you say lights are we talking headlights? Foglights or both?

If its just the headlights call it £100 the lot, plus postage..

But, I have had experience with posting panels and they arrived dropped and bent (mainly a bonnet was dropped so hard the very back corners near the windscreen bent 90degrees!) - I normally pack them in massive mountain bike boxes from halfords, 5-6 layers of bubblewrap or foam, secure each corner with more cardboard and then pack the box out with more cardboard or packing foam. Other than putting it on a pallet and wrapping it in a hard box I don't know what else I can do for packing them.

Either way panels are not usually covered under insurance due to thier delicate nature with couriers. I would be more than happy to post them and pack them to the best of my ability, but I don't recommend it and wont accept responsibilty. It's your call though.

Alternatively whatever the courier cost would be, I could make a trip to Newcastle at some point in the next few weeks as my girlfriends parents are from there, so it would be a little more worth while on my part. This way you'll get un damaged goods and I get browniew points :)

Part numbers are different and this engine is OBD2 where as all Corrado VR6's are OBD1 unless they have been converted. I have a OBD1 VR6 in my Corrado so I can match them up and take a look, but from what I've seen the top radiator hose is slightly different as the Radiator outlet in the Golf sits lower, I can't see this posing a major issue. Once the hoses are off I can put them side by side with my original Corrado hoses and see what's what.

Price wise I'll be thinking around the £100-150 mark depending on their condition.

I read the corrado kit has 2 extra hoses. I'm guessing maybe for an auto or air con or sumin. Yea if you could match them up to yours and let me know if they're the same or similar that'd be great. No rush tho .

Nice 1 mate

Ben

Top and bottom rad hoses are different from the golf to the corrado. I priced em up a couple weeks ago and comes in at an eye watering £119!

Ah right cheers chief I prob wrote it wrong I need manual mirrors

No worries.

I read the corrado kit has 2 extra hoses. I'm guessing maybe for an auto or air con or sumin. Yea if you could match them up to yours and let me know if they're the same or similar that'd be great. No rush tho .

Nice 1 mate

Ben

The Corrado kits come with two air pipes for the TB/ISV area which OBD2 Golfs don't require. As far as I'm aware.

Top and bottom rad hoses are different from the golf to the corrado. I priced em up a couple weeks ago and comes in at an eye watering £119!

Major differences or subtle? Are they fit-able?