p0l1wrath

Thinking of buy a Corrado! Have a few questions

Thinking of getting a Corrado vr6 have been looking around for the perfect one for a long time now and i think one has finally come up, went to look at it earlier today but i just have a few questions before i jump in,

Are all Corrado sunroofs tilt and slide? (pretty sure they are but this one only tilted)

If so then how would i go about making it slide? fix or replacement?

If i have seen the spoiler working whilst the car is still, does this mean it works whilst its going along?

The electric mirrors don't work, owner says sometimes they do, is this an easy fix?

Any real problem areas i should look out for other than the ones i have stated?

I thought i had more questions then that but that will do for now i suppose, i know all the faults im asking about are electrical and that you should watch out for electrical faults on these cars, but the price is just too good :)

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Welcome. Yes all sunroofs should tilt and slide but they often break. It will be either the motor (simple to swap but I think new ones are obsolete so you would need to find a used one) or the mechanism has snapped (I think a fix kit is still available but the sunroof needs to be removed). Does it slide using the manual winder which is hidden under the switch trim in the roof?

No just because the spoiler raises on the manual switch does not mean it will always work when driving. It probably will but it's not a guarantee as there is a speed sensor and control unit which elevate it at speed. Have you driven the car as it should raise at a little under 60 and fall again as you slow to a crawl. You can see it in the mirror.

The electric mirrors could be the motors themselves but the most likely cause is the switch in the drivers door. It gets dirty inside over the years. Mine was the same but now works perfectly after I took it apart and cleaned it up inside.

Look for rust as it is now getting common as they age. Also check the heater controls all work correctly (direction and fan speed).

Any history of the heater matrix being replaced as they all do fail at some point so expect to need it doing if it hasn't. It is a cheap part but a big job to get at it. There is a buyers guide on here but unfortunately I'm on my phone so hard to find it and link to it.

Maybe post up the advert for others to comment on.

Edited by Portent

Thanks for the offer, car was in oxford and i bought it on Monday, so pleased with it, been wanting one of these for a long long time now, and finally got one!

get the pics up then! :)

Haha will do just doing a bit of work and it hasnt stopped raining since i bought it either :(

hi, the sunroof might not be a problem , i thought mine was broke as i could only tilt it , my friend showed me how the switch works, you pull down to tilt or pull it towards the back of the car to slide, was very happy to find out that my sunroof works as it should :)

mirrors could be an easy fix, mine didnt work until i found the spade connectors in the door had corrosion on them , a quick clean up and they work,

5minute job.

imo the only thing you need to worry about is bodywork and rust! parts can be replaced like for like easily , so dont worry about bits and bobs that need sorting theres plenty of parts on here forsale in that section , just get the best condition body you can find,

hi, the sunroof might not be a problem , i thought mine was broke as i could only tilt it , my friend showed me how the switch works, you pull down to tilt or pull it towards the back of the car to slide, was very happy to find out that my sunroof works as it should :)

Wow, Thank you so much :bonk: just assumed you had to do the reverse of the tilt to slide it, and it works :) but when i close it it gets about 2/3 of the way and then i have to keep releasing it and pressing it again to jerk it along then it will shut properly :( is it on its way out? should i not do that because i will brake it? dont want to break it and then not be able to close it in the rain :(

cheers for the help

mines a slightly different issue, gunna get a video of it in the morning, if theres no rain, i think the tracks might need greasing up? also with my sunroof im pretty sure the paint is rubbing somewhere when you take it back into the car? is this a common issue? whats the fix?

with it half open if you look down into it from the outside you might be able to see into the runners and see whats going on . if it sounds like somethings rubbing on paint then i wouldnt open it anymore as it could be damageing the paint on top of it , i dont know of any quick fixs for it as luckily iv never had sunroof problems but if you want to drop the whole thing down and out its not that difficult, you just need to remove the interior parts on the headliner and then remove the headliner, unplug the motor from the switch, pull off the drain pipes { 1 in each corner} then undo the bolts holding the sunroof to the roof, its prety self explanatory, hopefully someone thats had this issue will post up a cure, if not you could also post this problem up in the interior/ exterior section of the forum, it will get more attention

went to get a video this morning and it seems to be working fine! when i asked the person who i bought it off wether it tilts and slides he only said tilts? so maybe he just genuinely didnt know it slid as well? maybe just needs a bit of running in after not being used all this time?