anne t

Best Mod

As this is my first corrado,was thinking about which mods are value for money and which aren,t.

I can only go on the mk2s i,ve owned

best one .Uprated Anti-roll bars noticed big difference

worse one.17inch alloys handling was crap

I know there is probably better ones so would like your opinions Thanks Anne:cool:

For me it's the little things you use daily..

Lupo/TT Aero wipers and uprated headlight loom with Osram Nightbreakers. I honestly couldn't live without these.

Suspension change for me. I had h&r clubsports, arbs & rear strut brace installed in same weekend-result!

Lupo / tt wipers n headlight loom are also must have mods as enthusiastowned says....

So many you do and forget about !

Dave's handle repair,

Kurzy's headlight loom,

TT wipers

Agree with the rear Arb

My favourite........ 20VT conversion

Best mod - I think it's Jim, although Cazza's pretty good too. :notworthy:

Worst mod - VR6 :ignore: hahahahaha.. ban stick!!

:lol:

For me definately TT wiper upgrade along with the headlight looms. Then suspension, but thats more to get rid of the 4x4 look, its not that the standard suspension is bad.

uprating the chassis, like KW coilovers, thicker Eibach front and rear arb's, powerflex bushes, and Eibach front and Wiechers strut bars. then you can better use the power.

Not agreeing with wheels, as I went from original Sebrings 15" 195/50-15 to some unknown 16" with 215/45-16 to now BBS RC323 superlight on 205/40-17. By far the lightest wheel I've had, better than BBS RS001 with 195/50-15. Going from the heavy 16" to superlight 17" really made a difference in cornering (and liftiiing ;) )

Cheers,

Redfox.

uprating the chassis, like KW coilovers, thicker Eibach front and rear arb's, powerflex bushes, and Eibach front and Wiechers strut bars. then you can better use the power.

Not agreeing with wheels, as I went from original Sebrings 15" 195/50-15 to some unknown 16" with 215/45-16 to now BBS RC323 superlight on 205/40-17. By far the lightest wheel I've had, better than BBS RS001 with 195/50-15. Going from the heavy 16" to superlight 17" really made a difference in cornering (and liftiiing ;) )

Cheers,

Redfox.

yes maybe so but this was on a golf not a corrado still to find out about the handling with 17s but quite happy with 16s will start with handling,brakes,power

is the wiper blades straight fit:thumbleft:

is the wiper blades straight fit:thumbleft:

Yes, if you get the right parts! I have the Lupo ones which are great - for them you need two driver's side wiper arms and a Bosch 928S (kit of two blades), the Lupo passenger wiper bade goes on the Corrado driver's side, and vice versa. Great upgrade, I love mine :)

My favourite mod so far has been the Roose hose kit - so much more peace of mind compared to the (obsolete) OEM rubber ones. Lifetime warranty and they look great :thumbleft:

Stone

If I can jump in ask ask a quesstion of the ARB mob (!). I am standard height with Koni shocks. Handling nice, but too much roll. I onyl want less roll, not less understeer or anything.

I'm assuming upgrading BOTH ARBs will give me this, as opposed to only the rear which will change the characteristics of turn in lift off?

Thanks, j

ps I have checked other thread, but just want to confirm since people are mentioning it. Hope you don't mind me jumping in Anne!

Best Mods for me: Dave's door handle kit, Dave's centre console kit, R32 wishbone bushes and braided hoses upfront to make the brakes really work and feel great.

Edited by jamiehamy

as far as i know they can also aid in traction as well.and less roll the rear one is very easy to fit the front one slightly more difficult

Anne:thumbleft:

I did the same on my Golf Mk. II, and it felt exactly the same, apart from the Corrado chassis being stronger and stiffer. No (edit: only very little) bodyroll in corners, and superior steering and chassis feeling coupled with very good feeling of suspension. After these upgrades, I could really howl it through corners. Likewise on the Corrado. I've tried many newer cars, and they just don't compete in this department, apart from maybe having 500-650 Hp's. ;)

To me it is important that I can feel where and what the wheels are doing, to get max precision out of the chassis. That means more than say 50 hp's more. For example Leda made some great suspension for racing when I did it, and it makes you come in faster than someone who focuses more on Hp than chassis. I know some who welded their track arms all the way round to make them stiffer and steering more predictable. Straight line shooting is not my interest. Cornering is ;) And the way the car communicates to you as a driver I mean.

Light wheels makes a big difference to turning and even the stopping and suspension movement. At least that is what I experienced. The quality of the parts involved is also of great importance. For example Öhlins are so much better than Koni, which is not bad at all (tried both). Likewise is Interalloy okayish, but crashy and not working at all with the same experienced suspension movement like KW (tried both). because they don't spend money on bringing down internal stiction and finding the right valving, which KW does a lot more.

The fatter arb's (I changed both) make also for a lesser body roll (of course, but don't change the suspension damping as such when driving straight line, and for a better steering precision, as the weight distribution gets more even, and less stress on one corner (wheel). All this takes a great deal of comfort of course, but i am not into comfort at all. I would say though, that KW is probably a company which still looks into comfort, while also focusing on quality of movement. At least how I percieve it.

Personally I feel that way too many cars have too much understeer, but that's just me.I don't really know if this origins from a rearwheel drive car, that shoots out the back too much.

The problem with front wheel drive is that the wheels are doing too much, steering and pulling power, and when the nose lifts a bit, the grip get's worse. The Corrado is well known for being a more neutral car despite it's front wheel drive. Don't know but I would suspect the passive rear steering (original bushes) to be a part of this good and more sporty behaviour, than say a Citroën C5 which drives terribly and with no feel what so ever. Some cars seems to eat some of the feeling because of their powersteering. Some are more neutral, like the Corrado. I preferred the Golf Mk. II steering (no servo) though, for ultimate communication, but that is a personal feeling.

Recently I added a wiechers aluminium arm between the track arms underneath, and this help precision as they are forced a bit more to only move in the intended axis, not wobble all over. This is due to a design (fault) in only having one lower trackarm, not a double triangle. Eventually I may cash out for a set of KW's adjustable top bearings for the front suspension, to be able to set up the castor a bit different. We'll see.

Just want to add, that very fat arb's, no bodyrol means less forgiving steering, so lesser warning when finally sliding out. Worth noting I think.

Yes, Dave's centerconsole bracketry is superb. I bought it too, and enjoy no more rattleing about console ;) thanks Dave.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Uprated headlight loom with osram night breakers.everyone is in agreement deffo.

Engine wise I'm going with dragoon green on this one.20vt is best mod for me.Still makes me smile when you get a 28 psi kick in the a$$!!!

Just need a LSD now.....and better life insurance

the best mod on my vr6 was a milltek decat exhaust, completley changed the car! made it more smooth and tightend up the throttle response, also the mk4 golf rear calipers! easy to do and very cheap!..

although now for me personaly , its audi door handles , you look down the side of the corrado and it just looks so right!!!!

why didnt the corrado come with them in the first place!

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

:puppydogeyes:

Adding the fuse to the earth side of the headlight switch.

I can drive / park without thinking im gonna return to a burnt out shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Cheers, Baz :)

Best mod for me on my current car is either the TT wipers (what a difference) or the 288mm brakes - they are like throwing anchors out of the windows compared to the 280mm's!

/\/\/\ Agreed! 288s are brilliant. Also, a decent uprated headlight loom is worth its weight in gold. Lupo/TT wipers also good.

my best mod was grinding away the small nib on the back of the wipers so they actually work now! not sure how it compares t audi tt wipers but it was free! and made a massive difference