Rustynuts

1 x Front Koni top adjustable suspension strut

Anyone got just one of these please, should be yellow if that helps with identification with the adjuster nipple on the top.

Cheers

I've had a pair sat in my garage for the last 16 months and just scrapped them 3 weeks ago. Typical.

I believe Supercharged has a new / refurbished one waiting to go to a new home though so might be worth PM'ing him? :)

Rusty, I really would not advise swapping a single damper, you should always do them in axle pairs otherwise you risk an inbalance from left to right especially under braking.

A friend of mine had a 2nd hand complete set of the adjustable Koni Dampers (front and rear), They are the yellow sport ones you are after. I can find out if he still has them and what he wants for them if you like, and get some pics up of them.

Rusty, I really would not advise swapping a single damper, you should always do them in axle pairs otherwise you risk an inbalance from left to right especially under braking.

A friend of mine had a 2nd hand complete set of the adjustable Koni Dampers (front and rear), They are the yellow sport ones you are after. I can find out if he still has them and what he wants for them if you like, and get some pics up of them.

I might be interested in the rears if Rusty doesn't want both front & rears mate

JohnnyH, okay, I'll find out if he still has them and put some pics and prices up. Obviously Rusty has first option on them.

Yeah I don't need the rears, will take a front pair if needs be. I know what you are saying about just changing one, but in reality I will soon know if there is a problem as it will be out of balance. Having said that, the one I need to replace is leaking out of the top where the nipple adjuster is and has been for a few months, and despite this, I can't feel any difference.

Rusty, if it's just leaking from the top out of the adjuster, then to be honest, it will take ages before it will fail so you will probably not notice any difference for months and months. Also, it probably would not even fail an MOT as the tester would not even spot it.

I will come back to you tomorrow with regard to the ones my mate had to see if he still has them for sale.

True, it went through an MOT like it. I am happy to run as is for a bit as I don't do the miles, but if I do a track day later in the year it will be no good

I have 2 adj Koni fronts for a VR6 in the shed - one had leaked quite badly and when I fitted them the car was undriveable and kept trying to find the kerb it was so bad. The other side I remember seemed firm and wasn't leaking from what I recall, but I'll have to have a look.

I ended up replacing the pair with new ones

Interested in the one for sure, any clue on mileage, they usually last a good while though so not a major concern.

Got it out of the shed. Doesn't look like it's leaked (protector cap is dry), but the strut is pretty rusty where the paint has peeled away. No idea on the mileage as I got it second hand, but I would guess it's a fair bit given its condition.

Here it is, pretty rusty as I said!

IMAG0434.jpg

Can't really ask much for it - tenner plus postage? I'll have to check the weight first before I can get a price on the postage.

Just hold that thought, I am in negotiations for a brand new one which would probably be a better option

No worries, I would go new to be honest.

Postage would be getting on for about £20 anyway due to weight, so £30 altogether.