Sign in to follow this  
jamest

any experts out there?

howdy,

i have owned my corrado for about three weeks and there are a few things that i have noticed with it :!:

1-with the engine idling and i blip the throttle, when the revs come back down to idle there seems to be a very faint popping noise coming out of the exhaust-any ideas please?

2-

also, when the car is moving there is a very faint knocking noise from the front drivers side whel area- man from veedub said it could be an abs washer but didnt really have a clue.... :?: the car apart from those things is a mint runner and is aVR6 with 63000, FSH and any help would be legendary

thanks

:roll:

How recently has it had an oil change? Heard that dirty oil can contribute to popping. Maybe a wheel bearing that's making the knocking sound?

mmm, not sure. Think i topped it up with some oil that is too thin (5w30?) so am going to do a change this weekend! have asked about a wheel bearing but hear it makes more of a screeching noise(?!) so i dunno.

Just going to leave it for a bit and see what happens, got to be careful though as dont want to lose a wheel at 145mph..... hahaha :wink:

cheers

wheel bearings whuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and make your brain hurt... ;) (guess who's got a dodgy one at the moment! ;) )

The faint knocking noise is almost certainly the driveshaft vibration Damper which will have come loose and will be clonking against either the inner or outter CV joint ...

Have a look HERE for details.... 8)