carrots

rear wheel bearings

hi my rear wheel bearings sound like they are shot they have been on 18 months or so.it could even be my crap tyres that are making the noise,any surgestions on wheel bearing makes other than gen vw.ive tried to tighten um but no joy

Not sure, I've replaced mine beginning of April, (just before 1st MOT since ownership) because there was play in them, and looking at previous MOT's they had been changed, or were an advisory on 5 of the last 6 years! Remember that because they are tapered, they expand sideways and therefore should not be done up tight! (Trust me I know, I made that mistake and destroyed 2 sets of bearings and a stub axle to boot!). £31.69 from VW a couple of months ago, but I dont have the part number sorry. :o

Edited by seanl82

do you no who makes them for vw

SKF brand...I see that you are from Wrexham...there is a TPS near chester..will be cheaper than getting from VW dealership.

I just picked up some SKF ones for £6 each from Andrew Pages at trade price.

I'll get the part numbers in the morning for you.

i work for unipart so can get aftermarket very cheap.it would be nice just to see who does make um for vw.some unipart are made by snc

i work for unipart so can get aftermarket very cheap.it would be nice just to see who does make um for vw.some unipart are made by snc

In that case you get it from TPS and just say you are from the trade ????

Edited by VWVW

SKF - Part Number VKBA529

The VW bearings are, well used to be made by SKF, I believe VW use some French firm for their bearings now. But the SKF should be OE quality.

Edited by P3rks

yer thought about it.just thought if i knew who made gen vw bearings i could poss get an aftermarket bearing thats made by same people that box vw bearings

yer thought about it.just thought if i knew who made gen vw bearings i could poss get an aftermarket bearing thats made by same people that box vw bearings

If you could get TPS parts at trade prices we could buy the stuff from you instead if you could offer some further discount?? :)

they dont give much discount tho,ive seen febi bearings cheap,wonder who makes there bearings.they come with the nut cover.unipart bearings dont