Derbyshire Paul

Collecting my 1st Corrado next week

Just thought I'd do the polite forum thing and say hello!

As it says I've just purchased via Ebay my first ever Corrado. It's a 1990 G Plate 1.8 16v in Silver.

I'd been looking to get one for ages as I run my own business and spend most of the time in my van so needed a release from the humdrum and what better way to get it :D

The car is unmodded and from what I've seen that's no mods at all apart from a different radio / cd player and still sits on the original Sebring alloys, all the electric works plus it's got masses of history with it. It's having the cambelt changed and a new MOT before I get it as it's been SORN for the last year.

The only pics I've got at the moment are from the Ebay ad so if you're interested here's the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261025861135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_526wt_1344

Looking forward to picking it up and going to play in the Peak districts lovely roads!

EDIT:

I've now collected him / her and updated this thread!

Edited by Derbyshire Paul

Hi matey, looks lovely from the pics, silver does something for the rado I think. Hope she is good mechanically, cars dont like being not used for a period as I'm sure you are aware. Welcome to one of the most rewarding cars for the price, I think the combination of chassis & steering feedback in standard set-up with good tyres (I always buy Michelins for my G60) & performance makes it one of the safest cars to drive in all conditions & especially in icy conditions I have found.

Enjoy

Another Corrado in Chesterfield, I'll have to keep an eye out for you......you never know you might see me in mine one day in the distant future too! Including mine I know of three within five minutes of my house and I don't think any of them has turned a wheel in the last year, hope you're the odd one out in the best possible way!!!

Well, I've got it!

Picked it up yesterday and had a chilled drive back with it from just South of Brum approx 70 miles.

In the advert it was billed as "pretty much standard", not sure about that! It's definitely lowered and has some form of aftermarket exhaust on it plus the cam pulley is red!

Having not owned one before it's certainly interesting getting in & out. I'm 5' 11" and it's a bit of a swivel and roll to get out of it and the seat is at it's lowest so my head doesn't bang on the roof lining.

Doesn't seem to be any major issues with it apart from the temp gauge fluctuates a bit (see this thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?72925-How-hot-should-a-KR-16v-run ) I'm off out in a bit so will see how it behaves & once the weather sorts itself out I'll post some pics of it.

Are Rado's renowned for having misty windows when it's wet? Might sound a bit daft but I really struggled yesterday to keep things mist free.

So far so good!

Nice looking car. It definately looks lowered to me from the pictures. My advice is keep it as original as you can.

And yes the windows do tend to mist up if you don't keep the heater on.

Nice looking car. It definately looks lowered to me from the pictures. My advice is keep it as original as you can.

And yes the windows do tend to mist up if you don't keep the heater on.

Just been in town with it and I can safely say it doesn't like multi storey car parks! The springs were put as an "advisory" on the MOT so will change them back to original ones. The plan like you say is to keep it as original as possible.

Welcome to the forum mate :D

Thanks

Hi Paul, looks like a nice example you've picked up :)

The misting up may be due to the fact the cars been standing for 12 months, soon as the heaters are on any moisture will start to evaporate causing the misting, a good airing and a few hours with the heaters on should dry things up a bit.

Maybe also check the passenger footwell for dampness, the tail tell signs of heater matrix failure.

Hi Paul, looks like a nice example you've picked up :)

The misting up may be due to the fact the cars been standing for 12 months, soon as the heaters are on any moisture will start to evaporate causing the misting, a good airing and a few hours with the heaters on should dry things up a bit.

Maybe also check the passenger footwell for dampness, the tail tell signs of heater matrix failure.

Thanks,

First impressions and it seems straight enough. There's a massive folder of receipts / history etc including all the old MOT's and the 2nd owners original sales invoice. He paid £10,105 for it back in '92 traded in an 87 MR2 for it aswell!

Hopefully things will clear up with the misting etc but it's not stopped raining since I collected it yesterday!! I'm going to put it back on as near as I can original ride height as its scraping the car parks and sleeping policeman around my way. The steering wheel's going to as I want an original one back on it.

nice work paul sure you'll have no problem selling wheel as looks nice best of luck with it :)