StArRaDo

Booom! Splash!...Coolant Hose Fittings???

Sup Guys, been a min...the baby's coming together slowly but surely. (90 G60 w/a 95 VR6 Swap)

BUT, heres the current issue....

Had a hose blow on me the other day. Got her home to find this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66761[/ATTACH]

Which was the result of THIS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66765[/ATTACH]

So I run to autozone (I kno...it had to get fixed and my only feasable option) and pick up the same fitting brand new and install. After tightening things up, I procede to refill coolant (Yes proper G12 w/distilled water) and test the system for leaks...

Now heres where it gets tricky...she's a daily, no more than 25miles a day, if that...So she NEVER gets hot, or should I say above 170 on the dash. (New thermy and housing not 2 long ago) So in turn my fans rarely every turn on. ( I've read the "Definitive Cooling Guide" several times) So as i test, I let her get warm, right around the temp when she blew, about 180, to make sure my fans are actualy working accordingly...Sure enough in my garage....PPPPSSSSHHHHH, SPLASSSSSHHH!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66769[/ATTACH]

Which ofcourse is the result of this...again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66773[/ATTACH]

Now here's the thing, the left side of the "U" bend in the 1st pic I've replaced already with the same part I've replaced these 2 with, 3/4" double male coupling labeled "Heater Core/Hose Connector", and my assumption is the specific plastic material this is made of is not sufficient for this system, am I correct? and if so there has 2 be a factory dub part right?

If anyone has any info or insight it'd be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanx for your time fellas.

Looks like in the past your Aux water pump has been removed and bypassed as it is missing from the photo? and also looks like your heater matrix has been bypassed, you can see where they should go into the bulk head on your first pic.

Personally, I'd install a new heater matrix and new aux pump and bin of those dodgy joiners, theyve obviously gone brittle with the contant heating and cooling down over time.

When my top hose blew the rac offered to modify them so it bypassed the heater matrix. I declined the offer and got recovered home on a lorry instead.

The curved bit of hose in yours isn't a samco, so suggests something has been messed about with.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Thanx guys. Funny I learned that tall myself 2day as well :scratch:

Now it's just finding locations of these components...prices...and figuring if I'll b able 2 do them in d garage, or not.

Thank again fellas...will update when appropriate.

I have another question concerning the intake, so look 4 that soon.

Looks like in the past your Aux water pump has been removed and bypassed as it is missing from the photo? and also looks like your heater matrix has been bypassed, you can see where they should go into the bulk head on your first pic.

Personally, I'd install a new heater matrix and new aux pump and bin of those dodgy joiners, theyve obviously gone brittle with the contant heating and cooling down over time.

Think you're right - what the hell!?!