carrots

axle bushes first line genuine vw

hi has anyone fitted aftermarket axle bushes,ive heard genuine are expensive.just had some gsf strut tops and they have got the genuine part number stamped on them,so are there any axle bushes the same.boxed as aftermarket but genuine in box

Edited by carrots

i can get pattern cheap are there any good uns out there tho, like my strut tops where gsf but genuine vw in there box

I may be wrong but I believe the VW originals will be made by Lemforder/Lemfoerder (theres an umlaut over the o!). I attempted to find these on the internet. The only UK supplier appears to be MrAuto. When I ordered these, they sent me Febi instead and said they had no Lemforder and didnt know when they would be in stock again. (they are still listing them on their site but have none).

There are some European sites listing Lemforder but I dont know whether they will send to the UK.

Normally I reckon Febi to be one of the better suppliers. There are posts on here suggesting their rear axle bushes are not as good as the originals. I would choose them over other aftermarket bushes if you dont want to pay for originals. Originals are about £90 a pair, Febi about £20 a pair.

Edited by bmwcompact

i work for unipart so i can get unipart bushes (not sure who makes them tho) or firstline which is normaly good stuff.i just dont want to buy rubbish and have to fit new uns in 12 months again.thats why i was going to fit poly but so many people on here say not to

ive bought some first line bushes,took them out the packet and they have got the vw part number on the rubber.vw quoted £48.28 each ive had them both for a lot less than that.anyone no where i can get the bolts and nuts other than vw