Starting this afternoon im getting a lot of "nginx" errors staying the page I want can't be accessed temporarily. Once a thread is afflicted I can't open it again.

Not sure if it's related but I have an error on the site saying '1 unread message' in the PM alert when my inbox is showing as all read. I know there's a PM that's been sent but I haven't received it - related problem maybe?

Can confirm that also, chrome using a PC was no problems about half hour ago.

Back on my Mac using Chrome and the same NGINX Error yet I'm posting this through Safari with no issue...?

It came back again for me last night on my Android phone. This time I couldn't even get into the forum and clearing cache and cookies didn't fix it. This morning it's gone away and im ok again. Strange.

Hi Guys,

Yes it does indeed seem to be a server issue, trying to find what the issue is proving difficult at the moment!

Thanks for the feedback though, I really need to be there when it happens, but I like my sleep! I will see if I can get some scripts running that will give me some useful stats!

Thanks

Toby

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:51 AM ----------

There are some more helpful error messages now, and I should be trapping them in the logs. When you see an error it "should" have an error code, could you let me know what this is when you next see the problem.

I've got bets that its a 503!

I think it could be something to do with some scheduled backups maybe? When we were on old platform few weeks ago. It was also happening around 23:50 - 00:20 forum was not available almost every day. Then it was back up and running at around 00:30

Now we are on new server at time seems correct too... as our forum was down at around 00:00 .. but this time it was showing that nginx error. Wanted to make screenshot and I did it, but forgot to save into file, and screenshot now lost.

Maybe something in crontab is start cache clearing or sth along the lines, backups? Hopefully Apache logs will tell you... it is bang on 00:00 +/- 15 mins each way. Happened at least 4 times to me at that hour (and only that hour). Hope this helps.

edit:

As far as my memory goes it was complaining about this file: /cannot remember path exactly/conf/nginx.conf and I think you're right it was error 503... but I really can't remember now :(

Edited by guildmage

Well, I thought about backups a while back, however when I stopped these running, the problem was still there!

I'll change the time the backups run tonight to see if the problem continues!! Backups really shouldn't be causing this problem!

The error logs had so much information in it, so I have cleared them, and hope to get more useful information tonight!