Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Battery Question

Hi

Had a flat battery this morning had to get the AA to jump the car. Called them and they turned up within 5 min was well impressed.

Anyway went to buy a new battery and got a BOSCH Silver. Its says the below on the front

Part No 562019048

12v 62AM 480A

6C

So the Bosch Parts Catalogue said that the corrado was covered by this battery for all models. Before I fit I just want to be sure that its ok to put this battery in as I assume that the VR's (mines a G60) require a bit more power to start in terms of load on the battery. Not sure if the same is required on the G60 because it has to turn the charger etc.

So is this ok to fit in mine or could I be calling the AA to get another jump start in the morning?

The VW manual says see your dealer and doesnt list the type of battery required. Hmmm I think not.

Thanks

The battery you have bought is fine for the job. For your ref the VW recommended part no. is ZGB 561 011 054.

Thanks John

Just tried to change it and can't get the bolt off need and extension set to reach down. Another call to the AA in the morning me thinks.

Cheers

Get some jump leads and jump it off your new battery until you get it swapped over. You'll be ok til you stall it at some lights!!

Gavin

Thats a serious battery you`ve got there at 62ah. I`m only running a 36ah.

It is 30% uprated one though.

Saves a little weight and space. :)

Thats it in and boy does the car start quick now. Its been a bit sluggish starting for a while now but now it starts like new. :D :) :lol:

Maybe the extra weight will keep the front wheels from spinning when I get a bit of lead in my right foot. :oops:

Thanks for all the responses. :!: :!: :!:

Oh and the battery cost 35 quid from Cost co and its a Bosch Silver (heavy duty apparently) looking on the net the price seems more than agreeable. Not sure how much delivery would be on such items.

Now where can the old one be disposed off in a proper manor hmmm local tip I guess (may take it back to the mechanic who fitted it and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine :p )

thats a good price...German French Swedish do it too. At about the same.

may ditch my half new halfords one for it...may need it after the ICE saps all power after 1hr of use.