petemcr

Rain X and others

As per the title

How many of you guys have used RainX or a similar product on their Corrado's?

My girlfriend was nice enough to pick me up a Autoglym Lifeshine pack and one of the things in it was glass protector, the stuff is amazing. I've not yet done a Audi TT/Lupo GTI conversion on my wiper arms, so for the past year they've been shocking, smearing, dragging water from the side back over the window just to block my view even more, the usual complaints, so I used this stuff, but also filed down the stops on the original wiper arms and bent the arm a little to add more pressure, needless to say I won't be doing the conversion any time soon, they work spot on.

Anyone else used simliar

When I can be bothered I put rain x on my windows, I find it particularly good on the rear screen, front I go on and off liking, depends on what sort of driving I'm doing.

I use PIAA glass cleaner,PIAA glass treatment,top it of wipers are the same make which are pre-coated bit expensive

but IMO worth it got these from Burton:thumbleft:

Been running my own detailing company on the side for a couple of years now after wanting to take my hobby to the next level and "weather" its my car or a customers i have always used a high carnauba percentage hard wax on all the windows (normally DODO Juice), and always get great feedback from customers about how much better there wipers work now, and works a treat on my corrado too.

one of my mates uses that DODO juice, he swears by it.

Here's some videos of the stuff I've got, I think she said the kit only cost something like £10 but the dealers charge £300 to have the car treated in it... madness

Gloss Protector

Glass Protector

Cheesy sales add but it shows off the interior stuff

Just use the Rain X glass cleaner now, much easier and lasts ages!

Agree. Found the cleaner to work just better overall. Rain-X is not as refined as some other products. But at the same time I can clean all outside glass in like 5-10 mins - I usually do this on my lunch brake at work.

Also the other day applies Rain-x to my bathroom miror... and hey ho nice bedding of water in my house. My misses is happy at least :D

Also the other day applies Rain-x to my bathroom miror... and hey ho nice bedding of water in my house. My misses is happy at least

That's a brilliant idea

Agree. Found the cleaner to work just better overall. Rain-X is not as refined as some other products. But at the same time I can clean all outside glass in like 5-10 mins - I usually do this on my lunch brake at work.

Also the other day applies Rain-x to my bathroom miror... and hey ho nice bedding of water in my house. My misses is happy at least :D

Hmmm, that gives me an idea, might try it on the glass shower panels!