captainredeye

Vw Action at Santa Pod 31/8-2/9

Simply any one going? Great family friendly weekend lots of trade stands and very lively at night , not to big not to small one of my favorite shows of the year plenty of air cooled with a mix of the ol water to boot, with a relatively relaxed show n shine and the drag strip going all weekend with the wondrous jet car.

http://www.vwaction.com/vwaction/

Tickets are cheaper if you pre book im going down with my brothers and a few friends on friday to get a good camping spot, if there is a bit of interest i might just book a club area for my lot and then anyones else forum wise is more than welcome to turn up as and when the need takes them, but you will need to let me know in advance if im to book anything.

Now off to the Pub.

Cheers Ben

I will be driving up sat afternoon & camping sat night for Sunday.Could you save me a pitch for tent please Ben if poss.Do you normally get a bbq going?

Forgot all about this been a little busy! No stand for the club that I'm aware of but I'm just pitching up with a few friends, Daren sure thing and yes we get a Barbie going

Just relaxing after a great weekend at Santa Pod,met with Captain Redeye & his brothers & crew.So much to see including a monster truck,dragsters,hot rods & quite a few very nice dubs.I was also lucky enough to win a trophy in show n shine + a cheque for £25! Thoroughly recommend the show for next year,its a great party! Think i might take a day or 2 to recover!

I went on the sunday as saw your car. Looked mint. It deserved to win. I got a few pictures of it il try to put them up soon, also who was driving on the strip? I got a good video of them smashing a cavalier can believe how fast that car was!

There was a rado on the strip not sure who it was though, going to check for next year but saturday is run what you brung £25 for as many sessions as you can fit in, would be good to get a few of us on there and compare cars little more interesting than a rolling road.

Also won a trophy on Saturday so a good weekend for the Rado!, great show and its one for my calendar next year for sure!

Missed the trucks but saw enough racing to find it entertaining, Maybe stay over next year.

I went on the sunday as saw your car. Looked mint. It deserved to win. I got a few pictures of it il try to put them up soon, also who was driving on the strip? I got a good video of them smashing a cavalier can believe how fast that car was!

Thanks for that though i didnt actually win my class,im not sure where i came because i was'nt there when they called my name,i was just about to drive through exit when Ben rang me & said i'd won something so whizzed back in to collect,well chuffed ! Waiting for the results to be posted somewhere to find out.

Yes the rado on the strip was stonkingly quick,though it had some way to go to beat the 227mph dragster!!

Edited by Harrier

Think I'm going down for bonfire weekend, that's run what you brung too. Just chucking a invite out for as many corrados to be there as possible. Think I'm gonna take mine down the strip.

Think I'm going down for bonfire weekend, that's run what you brung too. Just chucking a invite out for as many corrados to be there as possible. Think I'm gonna take mine down the strip.

Have you ever been to the Pod in November ?

It can be that cold,your flame on your lighter will freeze !

The cold air affects the track massively, no heat very little grip, come the evening they gave up as soon as the sun went down