Jim Bowen

Iphone 4S vs Iphone 4 & Galaxy S2

So to conclude, smart people use androids, walking fashion accessories or people who dont really care about phones so get whatever use i phone.....oh yeah :lol:

And i am joking before you all write angry comments back on you ipad...or am i :p

Edited by corrado_sunderland
I farted and it followed through

Haha yeah one could say that... but then iPhone build quality is also amazing. Somehow my Galaxy SII feel more fragile than Iphone 4. Would than mean iPhones are not only for hipster designers but also for Bob's the builders ? :bonk:

Haha yeah one could say that... but then iPhone build quality is also amazing. Somehow my Galaxy SII feel more fragile than Iphone 4. Would than mean iPhones are not only for hipster designers but also for Bob's the builders ? :bonk:

Defiantly not :lol: , every person i know who owns an iphone breaks screens all the time and im rough with my phones and the s3 has lasted ages now with loads of drops and smashes without any screen damage just chips out the soft plastic edges which a rubber case would have prevented, i used to only have sony ericson previous for that reason as it was tough as hell and i could chuck them across a room with no damage

Ive never had an s2 however as its only been recently that samsung have became decent,all my previous ones years ago were weak ass p1ss

Edited by corrado_sunderland

i used to only have sony ericson previous for that reason as it was tough as hell and i could chuck them across a room with no damage

... and battery last 7 days. I still have one ericcson on top-up as emergency phone (w810)

Anybody else been looking at the Nokia Lumia 920? Out 2nd Nov and looks amazing. Temped to sell my 4S (still have a year left on my contract), buy the nokia and swap sims =/

My sim card has finally broken today, seems its not my phone that's the problem but the sim can't be detected in any phone. So without a phone now which is a pain as work use it to get hold of me.

Got to wait in for the postman today, so can't pop out to get a new deal, Orange website isn't working for me, cannot sign in, cannot get hold of them on phone without being on hold for ages which i just fed up with today.

Going phoneless for the weekend, now going to look at an S3 on O2 network. Might go to carphonewarehouse next week and see what i can get.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I like the look of the lumia, but as Kev said its one of them things i'd rather wait until its got a proven track record than being one of the early users discovering the problems.

Well the iPhone 5 is a huge disappointment for anyone interested in it, they played it safe and failed. Hasn't even got NFC!! What were they thinking?!!

Anyway, saw this this morning and had a giggle :D

00:00:04 system : agent will be with you shortly ...

00:04:39 Nick : Hello James, you're chatting to Nick. I am part of the Orange Click to Chat team.

00:05:55 Nick : How can I help you today?

00:06:28 James : I'm thinking of leaving orange now, its been so hard to get hold of you guys when i have a problem

00:07:09 James : Can you tell me how many minutes and text i get at the moment each month?

00:08:24 Nick : So that I can access your details to look in to this for you, may I ask you to confirm the Orange mobile telephone number and the first and third characters of your Customer Services security password that is set up on your account? This is the password that you would use whenever you call Customer Services.

00:08:40 James : 01234 5678910

00:09:21 James : password letters could be ...

00:09:42 Nick : That's great, thank you James.

00:10:40 James : also to note, my sim has been faulty for a while and finally stopped being detected altogether, so am without a phone at the moment which is a problem

00:11:10 Nick : You get 200 minutes and unliimited texts per month on your plan. You also have 200 loyalty minutes and unlimited mobile internet which expire 21/10/2012.

00:11:13 James : i am hoping to have some sort of new contract by tomorrow, be it a PAYG sim or an upgrade or a new contract with O2

00:13:07 Nick : Sorry but we can’t process or discuss any sales or upgrades offers over web chat. To look at upgrading your phone, the best place to start is by checking out Your Account where you can view offers and choose them through our online shop. Here’s the link http://www.orange.co.uk/youraccount Alternatively call the upgrades team on 150, option 1, 4 and 1.

00:14:14 James : I can't login to my account due to some issue with your website, i can't phone up due to a 2hr wait, i discussed it alot the other day and have the transcripts still

00:14:41 Nick : You would have discussed it with the sales chat not this one.

00:14:56 Nick : The phones are very busy because of the iPhone 5.

00:15:03 James : can you connect me to sales chat?

00:15:26 Nick : It is not possible sorry. If they are free they appear once a phone is selected online.

00:18:26 James : I'm a bit stuck here, i can't get hold of anyone to sort out my sim problem, i am without a phone, i work out of the office and people need to contact me on my phone, i can't access the upgrade menu on website as i can't receive the code on my phone due to faulty sim. Not sure how i came to be chatting with you, but its the first sort of contact i've managed today. I need help, otherwise i will be without a phone all weekend and until this stupid Iphone5 fuss settles down, i feel as if orange are being inadequate here

00:21:16 Nick : I am really sorry but we are unable to help with phone problems via this chat service. I have provided a link to our online diagnostic tool where you may be able to resolve the problem you are having. Alternatively, please call our Customer Services on 150 from an Orange phone or 07973 100 150 from any other non Orange phone, selecting option 1, 3 and 2. Our helpdesk is open 0800-2200 hours, 7 days a week and any of our representatives will be pleased to assist you. http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/mobile-troubleshooting

00:22:22 James : what can you help me with?

00:22:36 James : Can you help me leave orange and get my PUC code

00:23:26 Nick : We cannot help with you fault, or upgrading or to leave they all have to be done over the phone.

00:25:19 James : Is there anything you can help me with today?

00:25:33 Nick : There isn't unfortunately.

00:25:49 James : hahahahahaha

Getting nowhere today :( everywhere is busy because of this iphone5 release, so looks like i'll be without a phone until the dust settles

Hmm it's strange you are having so much problems with faulty SIM. Just ring them up from different phone and say you have damaged your phone and in effect SIM got fried too. They should send you working replacement SIM straight away. I once left my SIMcard in Poland, rang O2 on arrival to UK, and next day new SIM (same phone number ofcourse) was in my postbox.

I suppose it depends if you are Contract or PayAsYouGo customer.

Signed up with carphone warehouse now, still with orange though. O2 wanted to give me a refurbed S3, which only came with 3 months warranty.

So got a new S3, £26 a month for 24months, i got to the point where i ran out of patience and decided to pay a bit more per month. Hopefully the S3 will still be usable in 24months time.

Loving my new phone.

Quite pleased I didn't get an iPhone now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jammy bugger!

Is it manageable in terms of the bulkiness? I have the s2 and am really tempted to upgrade to the s3 but it just looks quite a bit bigger than the s2!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It's quite large but nice and slim. Seems lighter than the iPhone I held. But that could be the weight is spread out .

Size isn't an issue for me. I have old small phones that I use if going out and just need the phone side of things for emergency etc

I've had the S1, the S2 and the S3... the jump from the S1 to the S2 is the biggest in my opinion. I didn't NEED the S3, but wanted it... it is a vast improvement. I can't understand peoples problem with the size, it fits in my hand... it fits in my pocket... no problem there!

Anyone seen Samsungs new ad?!... hahahaha

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57513628-71/samsung-attacks-iphone-5-in-new-ad/

Any thoughts on the S3 versus Nexus? Amazon currently have the Nexus sim-free for about £279, which is quite a nice saving over the S3!

I see the Nexus as a budget S3, they're similar in a lot of ways... The S3 is the more powerful phone with a better camera, longer battery life and an expected longer life cycle. The Nexus receives software updates before the S3. Really depends on your budget, if you can afford it get the S3... if you can't get the Nexus. My mate from work, who is possibly the biggest android geek I've ever met has the Nexus, he upgraded before the S3 was out because he couldn't wait... and now he regrets it!

I've had the S1, the S2 and the S3... the jump from the S1 to the S2 is the biggest in my opinion. I didn't NEED the S3, but wanted it... it is a vast improvement. I can't understand peoples problem with the size, it fits in my hand... it fits in my pocket... no problem there!

Anyone seen Samsungs new ad?!... hahahaha

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57513628-71/samsung-attacks-iphone-5-in-new-ad/

:lol: oh dear,apple wont even have a comeback either as it is better plain and simple,what can they say...come on idiots who only buy for the brand prove them wrong :rofl:

S3 on t mobile for 22 quid a month (26 minus monthly claim backs), 750gb data 300 minutes and unlimited texts

Iphone 5 .... You Pay 36 quid a month and have to pay 100 quid for the phone

In other words you can nearly get two s3's for the price of a ip5 per month, or over the 2 year contract, have an s3 and buy yourself an iPad or a laptop with the difference...

...come on idiots who only buy for the brand prove them wrong :rofl:

What Apple products have you owned to give you such a hatred for them?

What Apple products have you owned to give you such a hatred for them?

I suspect none.

Don't get me wrong, I have a fairly healthy dislike for Apple and how they do certain things. But there's no getting away from the fact that they do a lot of pioneering things and generally speaking a lot of their products are superior and very intuitive to use.

I've never had an iPhone ... or even a smartphone for that matter. I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 but I don't regard it as a smartphone.

For me, my iPad and Macbook Pro are brilliant. But I still use a PC for about 9 hours a day for work.

Heh, totally circular arguments..

1) Apple are assholes in business

2) Everyone likes Apple products

It's a cognitive dissonance that some people can't cope with. I choose to rate point #1 above point 2 and would never give my money to the Jobs memorial fund. Others rate #2 above #1 and couldn't give a crap what Apple's business model is, they just have to have the shiny thing. It would only take Apple STOPPING being assholes and they would win over the rest of the haters with their products instead of their lawyers. As it stands their assholery is driving a lot of smart, wealthy people into the hands of their competitors.

---------- Post added at 5:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:09 PM ----------

I would go so far as to say it's almost nothing to do with the technology any more - they're all about the same in reality.