Johnny H

Smoked rear lights

Hi guys.

I'm on the look out for some smoked & red rear light in good/great condition.

Looking for price posted please.

Thanks Johnny

i made my own with tint spray dead easy and cheap...

Did you use the red & amber lights or red & clear ones to do it mate??

just standerd factory rears masking tape couple of coats let it dry over night then buff with a good polish. i did the same with another set and made all reds aswell easy

just standerd factory rears masking tape couple of coats let it dry over night then buff with a good polish. i did the same with another set and made all reds aswell easy

And that's the outside of the lights?

Sounds good but I'm no good with things like that.

I made a set of red rears myself about 5 years ago and they came out really well. I am useless at anything arty, i can't even draw My Happy so if i can then you can..

Key is preparation, sand them down, thin layers of colour and then laquer. Simply t cut the laquer at the end and they will come up a treat. Take good care with masking, again slow and steady...

yes outside you can even do it without taking them of the car and i suck at diy just try very simple dude...

Has anyone got any pics of some DIY lights??

Very tempted to try this. Where Can you get the paint from??

I did the tops of mine in subtle tint from Lamin-x

9e9a9a6u.jpg

Looks good. Is that a carbon fibre number plate holder???

I did the tops of mine in subtle tint from Lamin-x

9e9a9a6u.jpg

Dragon Green - this looks great, just the solution i've been looking for! What prep work did you do before applying the Lamin-x? Did you sand and polish of the hella text? Was it the Subtle Tint film you went for, what size sheet? - you've got it just right by the looks of it. Thanks.

Subtle tint,I carefully ground down all the writing with the back of a Stanley knife,then used some fine,very fine wet and dry,then washed the lights as Lamin-x directed,

I can't remember what size I used,I think it was the 6" wide,as it has to go on the angle to go round the curvature of the lens in one piece without creasing.

I did try it with leaving the writing on,but it looked very amateurish !

I've done the same as Dragon Green & they look great .Main problem for me was getting Laminex to stick on edges where it folds round.How did you manage it D.G ?

sprayed mine with one off those little air brush,s and laqured them after but i got rid off the writing with sum razor blade and wet n dry action paints i found in a model shop (air fix type) the coloured laquer i used turned out rather smart it cost me £40 in total and four hours work