timthetinyhorse

Car covers

This winter I have no garage to store the rado whilst I work so I need a high quality car cover to protect the car over winter and one that is soft lined and breathable,

If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated

Rob

I have one of the Halfords covers too; they do the job without fuss and keep the worst of the winter muck off. The only thing I would say though is that don't last longer than a year or so, particularly if they get frozen a couple of times over the winter - the outer layer goes crusty and crumbles off for some reason...

Mark

Try revs west , they should have a site , breathable and soft lined, three air pockets, and goes right over the wheels . I need a new one as i left it in a garage and its now full of holes , pesky mice !

The only thing to watch out for is moisture gets under it from cold or rain. This can speed up rust etc. I know some people use covers, however my father in law is the painter at a classic car restoration and service company. They discourage covers for this reason. If you do use one, it would be ideal to remove, start and run occasionally to dry it out. The way they look at it is, if you dont use one rain will get on to the outside as a car is designed to and get it dirty, however covers cause sweating and moisture in places there should not be, which should be avoided

The only thing to watch out for is moisture gets under it from cold or rain. This can speed up rust etc. I know some people use covers, however my father in law is the painter at a classic car restoration and service company. They discourage covers for this reason. If you do use one, it would be ideal to remove, start and run occasionally to dry it out. The way they look at it is, if you dont use one rain will get on to the outside as a car is designed to and get it dirty, however covers cause sweating and moisture in places there should not be, which should be avoided

Im looking out for a cover too.

But are you saying its probably best to leave the car uncovered?

I cant see how a high quality breathable cover should trap moisture and as the car its red i would much rather keep it out of UV light etc, of course the car wont be under cover 100% of the time as it can be moved into the garage to be worked on etc and also it would be dried if it was ever to get wet.

my only concern was down to scratching in wind etc but it would seem that ones with soft liners are fairly safe.