hellokarl69

True heated windscreen!

Got electric headlight adjusters? If not you could share the blank with the alarm LED that usually ends up there...

Sounds interesting - can't afford it at the mo but very interested to see how this goes, as would like to replace the screen and seal at some point...

Ah OK. Ford took out a patent and copyright stopping people copying their heated windscreen idea. I read somewhere last year that it was due to expire soon, so expect lots of other cars to have heated screens from now on :D

I have a plus 8 Morgan with a factory fitted internally wired heated windscreen, it's had one since 2002 so not sure they were very strict with the patent!!

Edited by edd

I'm interested so long as the screen quality is on a par with Sekurit and the wire elements aren't too distracting.

Heard the Audi S2 forum did a group buy for these a while back, I would be interested myself, but like fitchy am based in northern ireland.

Sorry i've been A.W.O.L lads. Work got a bit hectic butI'm intendeing to go and have a look at the quality of these screens, plus the heated elements, to see how they stack up to late model factory cars screens. Won't be disappearing again in the near future! :-)

I might be interested but would like to see a good photo or hear a testimonial from someone here who has seen them.

Could it be tinted? Is the relay and fuse included in the price?

have just had contact from ricky evans, costs are as follows:

£205 +vat = 246 This does not include switch or relay. just wiring from screen. full diagrams for wiring are on the website.

£44 delivery door to door.

seems pretty reasonable for a custom made windscreen!

Cost's do sound reasonable ASSUMING: -

1) After the first order of 10 they will be adding Corrado to their product range(?)

2) The heater element wires are thin "modern" style(?)

Re tinted or not - They usually offer both tinted AND clear, what will be the case with the Corrado(?)

Would you be able to address these point corradlo?

Better for the company to have one point of contact, if you don't want to, I would be happy to.

Cheers

Simon

would it be possible to have this as a replacement via insurance for a cracked screen? The price of it compares very well with a non heated screen hence there should be nothing (or perhaps a minor incrememnt) on the payment requirede, usually your winsdscreen excess.

The guys replied to the questions below:

1) After the first order of 10 they will be adding Corrado to their product range(?) no we have no plans to do this

2) The heater element wires are thin "modern" style(?) there is only one mat systems which is what you wouls I guess call the modern style like the type used in fords

Re tinted or not - They usually offer both tinted AND clear, what will be the case with the Corrado(?) you can order what you want on this as long as they are all the same

The guys replied to the questions below:

After the first order of 10 they will be adding Corrado to their product range(?) no we have no plans to do this

you can order what you want on this as long as they are all the same

Really? What's the chance of that?

Sounds like they aren't exactly putting the effort in here.

actually they seem very helpful, have responded to any questions I have asked very quickly, and after speaking to them over the phone I they seem like a decent bunch!.......

Maybe they are a nice bunch of chaps and they answer questions quickly.

However, if you do a group buy I would expect that a lot of people make the decision to buy based on the discount offered and because they are tempted by the product and not because they have needed the item for a while and were waiting for the right offer to come up. If his assumption is correct, wouldn't you offer as much choice as possible to get more people on board rather than stating that everyone has to have the same item?

How much extra work would it be to use tinted glass for some orders? It sounds like they want to knock 10 out quickly and we either buy them or we don't.

That's just my view but I would expect to get exactly what I want for £300 delivered.

Ok. I didnt look at it like that, i kinda just see it as a small-ish company building custom made windscreens for track cars. I have a light weight car, and have ditched my heating system for the moment, so for me this would be a great solution, however i can understand how others may not be as eager as me to get one lol!

With regards to tinted glass and rubber strip, i will ask the questions and see what they come back with.

with this :

"It sounds like they want to knock 10 out quickly and we either buy them or we don't"

I would imagine that's probably true if there not going to be added to there catalog, however i don't see that as a problem, as i dont think there would be much demand for corrado heated screens in general for these guys.

could anybody confirm , are all corrado screens the same or are there any variations. I know top tint/ not top tint but are there any others?

Edited by corradlo

If they are not adding it to their range (as a result of selling 10) I have no interest in purchasing.

I could go out an get it cracked / broken a month after fitting an then what, wait for another group buy?

In my mind having a minimum order filled (ie 10), allows you to make it (the item) again in singles! Maybe windsceens are different, I don't actually knowbut I agree it sounds like they are not very interested in our business and they certainly wont be getting my £300 wi5h that kind of approach

Shame, I'd really like a heated screen.

Cheers

Simon