Hofmiester

Old CCGB member back in a Corrado...

Hi All,

My name is Ron and I used to be a big Corrado nut back in the late 90's early 00's

Was a CCGB member and started out with a Burgundy Pearl 16V which ended up getting quite modified with Kent Cams, ported head, K-star etc

Then I bought a Khaki VR6 (Tom Sewell's car) which had an AMD build engine featuring a VWM VSR, Cams, Pack C head etc

The VR6 was unfortunately stolen back in 2002, that coupled with other changes in my life (focusing on my career, buying a house etc) put an end to my C ownership for 10 years.

But now I'm back ;)

I bought Mookie's Blackberry VR6 http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?77090-Blackberry-Metallic-VR6-for-£3100-00-or-PX-A4-Avant-Newcastle

And this car will be used as a weekend toy, garaged and generally babied ;)

It does need a bit of tidying though, the heater vent controls are stuck, turns through 2 modes but not to the windscreen. The interior rattles like crazy and the temp gauge doesn't seem to climb above 1/4

Aside from that it looks to be a good one!

Great to have you back, Ron. I still remember your VR being stolen - it was a particularly bitter pill to swallow for me, as an enthusiast, given the rarity of the colour - it must have been a total nightmare for you.

Look forward to putting a face to a name at a meet eventually.

Cheers Jim,

I've been longing for another one ever since but life just didn't really give me a good oportunity until lately.

The car feels so farmiliar to me and getting back onto the forums has been great.

The CCGB guys have even dug out my old membership number for me ;)

Looking forward to getting involved!

I know about the membership number - it was me who dug it out after about 45 minutes of sleuthing on the old Yahoo group ;) Our records didn't go far back enough to get your membership number from our system so we were lucky that the eGroup was still around!

Ron Burgundy :smug:

Welcome back, I also remember reading about the stolen VR in a copy of The Sprinter I think?

Did it ever turn up at all??

Welcome back mate. Glad we could sort your number in the end- Sherlock Taylor did a great job of tracking it down 8) I'd looked in the Yahoo e-group as well + our membership records, but couldn't find it.

I remember your VR getting stolen as well- didn't the interior have mushroom leather? I chatted to you about it on Briskoda a while back (I'm AndyVR6 over there ;) ).

welcome back to ownership!

i'd heard stories on the infamous stolen khaki VR, but not sure i ever saw pics.

where are you based? seem to remember it last being spotted somewhere on the south coast?

Sorry Jim, need to get to know everyone's usernames. Thanks a lot for taking the time to dig that membership number out, much appreciated!

Also thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Sadly the Khaki one was never seen again, it was basically stolen while I was at work in the day and one of my mates even texted me at the time to say "just saw you drive past, didn't you see me?" that should have raised an alarm bell as mine was the only one I'd ever seen in that colour, (with mushroom leather) but I didn't twig until I got home.

It was crashed later than night in SW London, Streatham, according to witnesses it was bad but as the police didn't recover the car (just left it) it was stolen again that night by some guys with a truck.....never seen again.

Wonder how much a VSR manifold sells for now? :(

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

welcome back to ownership!

i'd heard stories on the infamous stolen khaki VR, but not sure i ever saw pics.

where are you based? seem to remember it last being spotted somewhere on the south coast?

I live up in Newcastle now but back then I lived in Dulwich, London. Good times :)

Welcome back.

I think Stella omn here has a Khaki VR6.

A VSR recently came up for sale but I don't think it sold (can't recall the exact price that was being asked - £1200 to £1400 I think?)

Welcome back.

A VSR recently came up for sale but I don't think it sold (can't recall the exact price that was being asked - £1200 to £1400 I think?)

I think 1200-£1400 is what they cost new back in the day!

Welcome back.

Pretty sure Stella's car is a valves.

---------- Post added at 8:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:26 AM ----------

Ron please get a thread started in the Members Gallery, I'd love to be able to add some pictures of it from approx 10 years ago.

Hi, welcome back to Corrado ownership. IIRC someone on here got a mushroom tan interior for their car. Don't know if it would be the same as the one from your Khaki?

Welcome back! Sounds like things r on the up again. Good to hear

Thanks! Already trying to get a North East meet going. Having been away a while and now having read a lot of the topics on here, I think as the Corrado gets older the owners get more dedicated :)