r8umar

Illuminated Heater controls?

Hi all, i've been looking around on the net and on here and i see the people have put led's behind the heater controls using led's

I want to know if anyone has any instructions on how to do this or if anyone knows if Dirk aka Mr 5d0t1 for Vwvortex is making the PCB's with the led's already installed

I have a picture below of what i intend to achieve

Thanks

Umar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70076[/ATTACH]

There was a thread on here a while ago about this, with instruction on how to do it. But if you find someone doing a kit to retro fit, I'd be up for a kit for mine.

there was a thread i read on here to about a guy who was going to make the pcb's and sell them but reading 10 pages into that thread he flopped after giving everyone hope :@

I started to do it, but then found out you can buy them online from Germany or Denmark or somewhere so didn't continue- I did a long thread on it but it's since been deleted.

Since then someone else started to do it in LED's well, but I think they also gave up on it.

As far as i'm aware you can still buy them. If you want to make one just cut up some EL sheet to go behind the heater panekl, works a treat.

I`ve just registered at Vortex. When I get home I`ll see if the guy is still doing these, and see if we could sort something out.

I`ve just registered at Vortex. When I get home I`ll see if the guy is still doing these, and see if we could sort something out.

Good man!

KipVR jus wanted to know where do you get EL sheet from and how much does it cost. also how big do i need to get the sheet. also how did you install it. thanks and sorry for the burst of questions lmao

r8umar I see that you ask on the guys post on vortex. I also pm'd him, I hope one of us gets a response.

Hello guys. Here I am :-)

The reason is, I have not that time to do build this controls like 2008 and the other problem is, if UK will get PCB's for the later styled C, I have to renew the PCB's because the RHD Corrados have the ventilation switch on the right, not on the left side.

You know what I mean? So I have to edit the complete layout. That’s a lot of work and only for one heater control...?

I'm not sure for the earlier styled Corrado. There I need some help. Is it the same like the LHDs?

So.. if you will start a group buy and we can get a package of 6 later styled (LHD too) and/or 8 for the earlier styled Corrado, I will do it. These pieces of parts will make a complete PC to engrave and cutout, so is practicable for me.

It is a lot of work to restart the CNC milling machine, too. The machine has paused over one year now ;-)

Hello guys. Here I am :-)

The reason is, I have not that time to do build this controls like 2008 and the other problem is, if UK will get PCB's for the later styled C, I have to renew the PCB's because the RHD Corrados have the ventilation switch on the right, not on the left side.

You know what I mean? So I have to edit the complete layout. That’s a lot of work and only for one heater control...?

I'm not sure for the earlier styled Corrado. There I need some help. Is it the same like the LHDs?

So.. if you will start a group buy and we can get a package of 6 later styled (LHD too) and/or 8 for the earlier styled Corrado, I will do it. These pieces of parts will make a complete PC to engrave and cutout, so is practicable for me.

It is a lot of work to restart the CNC milling machine, too. The machine has paused over one year now ;-)

i think you would get quite a lot of interest in the heater controls, I'd take one for sure. Post some pictures up to see who is interested.