r8umar

Illuminated Heater controls?

Watching with interest. These look awesome.

Dirk, I think you can expect to be making quite a few of these ;)

I am also interested in one of these depending on final price, would be late spec in green, ideally with the blue/red central dial if poss?! Will follow with interest

What's happening on this? Anything?

I'd be on for both early and late non-A/C RHD versions with OEM green fan/vent and blue & red temp controls.

Edited by Anton Sobriquet

Looking through this post, the first picture showing all things lighted up, there seems to be light in a Karmann sign. Can someone please tell me a little about exactly that?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Just get one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A5-210mm-148mm-DIY-white-cuttable-EL-Panel-Sheet-Pad-Display-Backlight-/261104237817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccb067cf9

Then cut it into shape and fit it behind the facia. You can just buy a green lighting gel (transparency) for the oe green or even print onto acetate any colours you want....

If I remember correctly it's colour 122 from Lee filters - you can buy half sheets.

I've looked at EL panels before, I wasn't sure whether an A5 sheet would be big enough...Is that one that you've made previously, I take it A5 is a suitable size?

Hi KipVR,

Is the dog leg on the EL sheet there to illuminate anything or just for ease of connection?

The dog leg is just because the panel connection is there, and you need a small tail to get the connection round the back of the heater panel. The panel I used only had the one connection option, the one in the link has one on each side and would enable you to have a simpler central tail I think but you'd have to look at the routing. A5 is fine. The illuminated pic was without the green filter and so is just white.