Sign in to follow this  
marksvr6

avo shocks for 94 corrado

just went to purchase a lowering kit and have been told by AVO that there are two kits for the 94 VR6 (91-94) and 94-96). They said the ONLY way to tell was to strip the shocks in the rado, and see whether the end spring diameter was 65mm or 80mm. Surely there must be an eaasier way of determining which kit is required (or indeed which model my rado is?) any one any of pearls of wisdom on this subject. Its prob a bit late now as I have to have them orederd in the morning or I wont have them by sat. so I'm off home now to strip the bstard. I'll let you's know how I get on. by the way, hi to everyone as this is my first post. just found out about this forum because its been down (apparantly) and someone was asking about it over on clubgti. Cheers

Welcome to the forum Mark,

Surely if you know what month your C is from then they can determine which kit you'll need??

Surely its whether you have a early or late Corrado.

A '94 VR6 would be a late, so the 94-96 ones.

mines a sept model so I'm going to take the risk and order the 94-96 ones. Can't be far wrong. Took the wheel off, then said' bollocks to that, put it back on, and went cruising instead!

Its funny that about the suspension - my mate swears no difference in all VR6's... and we thought mine had been lowered as we have had them side by side and his sits like a 4*4 compared to mine! *:) I find it strange when Im pretty sure its on the standard suspension.... anyone know more about this?

The later vr6's definately sit a bit higher, I think the top mounts are different but all parts are interchangeable?

the newer ones have a space of 80mm between the end of the spring and the first coil. the older ones are only 65mm so they should sit lower. the shocks are the same, only the springs are different!!!. but if you get coilovers theres no problem!! Ripleys believe it or not!!!!