daves16v

Door outer rubbing seal removal

Can someone explain how to remove the outer rubbing seal strip on top of the door panel. I have the door off the car so hopefully that might make it easier.

Thanks.

The 'Door dent stopper' Dave? lol. Or window seal?

For the door trim rubber, heat gun and gentle prying. Obviously paint removal may occur!

The 'Door dent stopper' Dave? lol. Or window seal?

For the door trim rubber, heat gun and gentle prying. Obviously paint removal may occur!

Window seal.

Ah...I once took one off to paint the door on my old Valver. I'm pretty sure it just pulled up from the handle end of the door, although I remember it was very easy to bend. Just easing it off as much as you can really from what I remember.

Can see it removed in this pic.

valver1907083.jpg

And refitted here (End was already wobbly before it was removed)

valverrado1009089.jpg

Yes, they just pull straight up (they're a U-shape clipped over the door edge). If you can support it in the middle as you go you have a better chance of getting it out in one piece, when I removed one of mine pulling at just the end made it crack in the middle :( You might also consider giving it some silicone spray or WD40 to try and feed the rubber - keep it moist and it might be slightly more robust. Then again, after twenty years they may as well be made of cheese!

Stone

yea avoid bending it at all costs, they have a metal strip down the inside and once its bent its blady hard to get straight, might help if you had the window out and pushed the seal in the middle up and inwards towards the car interior if ya get me?, that might help free it from the sealing lip in the window channel.

It's coming off my breaker so if it bends then I'm just out of pocket a little.

Thanks for suggestions.