Campaign

2002 Passat TDI 130 Wagon for sale - REDUCED to £1,300

As advised by Jim, I've put this ad in the eBay and Misc section, as the Cars for Sale bit doesn't work at the mo.

I've moved on in the world now and bought an A5 3.0tdi, and due to a rather disastorous weekend (the Mrs' smashed her car up) the Passat has got to go. (I will post some pictures up once I've had the chance to clean it up a bit)

Basic spec:

1.9tdi 130 Sport Estate

Tiptronic gearbox

Heated Cloth interior, Sports seats, Sports steering wheel.

MOT Until July 2013

Taxed until end of April 2013

Tuning Box, which puts the power up to approximately 170. Can be switched on or off from a switch below the dashboard.

The tiptronic works fautlessly, and has done for the whole of my ownership.

I've owned the car for just over 5 years, and in that time I have had to do very little unexpected maintenance (a couple of blocked injectors and actually, that's all I can think of.

Regularly serviced, oil and filter changed 4 weeks ago.

Wheels are geniune VW 5 spokes 16" ones (Galaxy I think). I still have the Road Americas, but tbh the tyres on those are shot, and they definitely would need a refurb.

Economy wise, I've found it very economical, frequently seeing 60mpg on the on-board computer on good runs, and it rarely dips below 40mpg.

It's got a genuine VAG "Swan-neck" detachable towbar and tows our twin-axle caravan with confidence. It also has "air assisters" on the rear suspension, with an internal socket which makes a huge difference to the ride when towing.

The headlights were replaced about 3 years ago with good quality (TUV Approved) LED and Halogen beams. This had a very positive effect on the lighting, and also looks pretty cool.

Externally it's not perfect, with a few scrapes on the rear bumper, but could probably be sorted out by a good painter, but to me I've never bothered as this was definitely a working wagon.

So, with all of that, I'm looking for £1,300 for the basic car... however, this is one other option...

It currently has approx £2k worth of stereo equipment fitted, including JVC KX-44 Head Unit, with USB, DVD and Bluetooth, Boston Acoustics speakers in the standard door pods (these alone were nearly £400), sub in boot and all powered through 2x Denon DCA-800 Amplifiers (approx £600 each)

To save me stripping the stereo out of the car, and selling the parts individually I am willing to leave them in for the princely sum of £500 extra.

One other note, I am not interested in any swaps or silly offers. I have enough cars in my life at the minute

So, anybody interested probably best to PM me on board.

Edited by Campaign
Reduced

It's certainly reliable, it's done 258k at the moment, and I'm based in Leicestershire. It's available from tomorrow if you want to have a look at it, give me a bell on 07976158410.

Not something that would bother me to be honest as good diesels go on forever, but i know they looking for something lower mileage. Yours does look in really nice condition .

It's not too bad really, as I said above, it's been super reliable for me over the years, but going back to the roots a bit with the A5, and it's too big for the Mrs, so it needs to be gone. I'm open to offers if they can get over the mileage thing.

Ok mate, i'll let them know and see what they say

---------- Post added at 6:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:55 PM ----------

Hi mate, just rang her up and as i suspected the mileage has put them off. Good luck with the sale

I'm going to strip out the stereo at the weekend, so if anybody is interested just for the stereo, get in there quick, otherwise it'll be gone :) (or indeed if anybody is interested in some tasty Denon amps, or Boston Acoustics high-end components.)