vcl

Longlife Exhausts

Hi there,

I've just had a quote of £329 inclusive of vat and fitting for a stainless steel exhaust. The make is Longlife and the agent is Neil Handbury Racing, in Taunton.

Seems like a good price. Has anyone had experience of the manufacturers or the installers?

Cheers

I've got a Long-life exhaust on my car, really happy with the exhaust. Got mine done by liquid metal in Bicester, who are a dealer/franchise for Long-life. Stayed to do a few little jobs whilst the car was on the ramp, so saw how they did it, quite impressive. And it's not to loud either.

I`d stick with a mass produced jetex or magnex one, you can not beat the quality and fitment

I have had a Longlife stainless steel exhaust on mine for several years. Have had no problem with it. It was fitted by thefranchise in Basingstoke at the time.

Had one on my 20v mk2 and had no issues but just not the same quality as mass produced ones...I pad £200 second hand for my jetex and polished up like new.

Does anyone know if powerflow still give lifetime warranty on their exhausts? Mines powerflow, im really happy with it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if powerflow still give lifetime warranty on their exhausts? Mines powerflow, im really happy with it.

As long as your are the original purchaser of the exhaust and it's still on the original car, then yes!

i just got a bit of 3inch scaffolding going from the fannymold to the back box, had longlife on previous cars though! ALOT of choice out there with so many companies, manufactures about!

As long as your are the original purchaser of the exhaust and it's still on the original car' date=' then yes![/quote']

Depends. I have a powerflow, had it fitted years back and after a few years of keeping up with the yearly checks I couldn't be bothered anymore so just left it. The rear mount sheared off recently and i took it to a dealer and was fixed no questions asked. I expected to have to pay and was genuinely surprised when they just said there you go and let me drive off. I even stopped for a minute and said are you sure. Great exhaust, great service!

The Local Longlife place (used to be Berkeley, Glos, but think it's moved) has excellent technicians. Been very impressed with their workmanship and knowledge. However, the manager it a tit- he peed me off so much I won't go back again while he's still there.

I've been quoted £249.99 for a full custom cat back stainless exhaust by Long Life Leeds. Either that or a silencer delete for £75 (In his words; it will sound very R32ish supposedly)

Seems decent enough..

i purchased a stainless steel exhaust on my 8v corrado and it sound lovely but also its strong and improved my car performance

Custom fit should beat mass produced fit everytime.

I have a Longlife by PowerSpeed & the fit is superb. Jetex was a nightmare fitment wise & cutting the 2.5" pipe off revealed... 2" box

So basically their 2.5" system uses same boxes as 2" system.

^ this is Golf Mk2 btw

Custom fit should beat mass produced fit everytime.

not necessarily, where most custom exhausts are made to fit the car, and look/do what you want, the majority of the Large companies put thousands into product testing on their exhausts making sure they get the most possible out of each individual engine! swings and roundabouts really. im not siding, I have always had custom exhausts on all my cars, half because i like being able to choose it all and design it myself, and half because i know all the guys at the long life branch in bicester :smug:

They get 1x standard car in, make a custom exhaust, then make a jig from that exhaust, then enter the details into a job card & there is your mass produced system.

This is great if your car is 100% standard. If you have a lowered car then the clearance between rear beam and exhaust does not match the exhaust made for the jig. This is the same for other modifications e.g. you run an additional ARB or an engine conversion.

This isn't saying that these systems won't fit, but they weren't designed to work with other modifcations.

fabiaII.jpg

^ pretty much standard vehicle by looks of things

They get 1x standard car in, make a custom exhaust, then make a jig from that exhaust, then enter the details into a job card & there is your mass produced system.

This is great if your car is 100% standard. If you have a lowered car then the clearance between rear beam and exhaust does not match the exhaust made for the jig. This is the same for other modifications e.g. you run an additional ARB or an engine conversion.

This isn't saying that these systems won't fit, but they weren't designed to work with other modifcations.

fabiaII.jpg

^ pretty much standard vehicle by looks of things

Yup, had to have a custom down pipe made for my 24v, like you say they took that as a pattern and now are able to do others like it.

Oh and all comments welcome. Most anyway. :)

Just like to thank Bristol Baron for recommending Infinity Exhausts. Looked in on them on Friday and was impressed. Clean, tidy, and not a pre-formed bend in the shop! Very helpful staff. Went back today and had my new system fitted. Very neat welds, great sound (quiet, but with a burble). Engine seems to breath easier, will confirm that after rolling road tune-up in January.

Oh! also great value for money. Happy to recommend them to anybody.

vcl

Just like to thank Bristol Baron for recommending Infinity Exhausts. Looked in on them on Friday and was impressed. Clean, tidy, and not a pre-formed bend in the shop! Very helpful staff. Went back today and had my new system fitted. Very neat welds, great sound (quiet, but with a burble). Engine seems to breath easier, will confirm that after rolling road tune-up in January.

Oh! also great value for money. Happy to recommend them to anybody.

vcl

Ah good stuff! Glad your experience echos mine, they do very very good work. Lets see some pics!