Sign in to follow this  
phaserno1

!!Petrol!!

Well Well VR6 owners all I can say is start pushing. !!!petrol!!! Have you seen the latest prices? Not to sure what it is around your way but her in east and west Sussex im seeing prices of 81,9 per L What the H** is going on… what the hell I might even start pushing to work …lol.

Let me know what is going on around the country????

Phil :evil:

How about 80-90 cent per litre here in Ireland. That's less than 60 pence :p

Labour doesn't really want to win favours with car owners do they. These prices are disgraceful.

They are pretty sick prices guys. I'll make sure my tank is full heading over to inters anyway!

Well Well VR6 owners all I can say is start pushing. !!!petrol!!! Have you seen the latest prices? Not to sure what it is around your way but her in east and west Sussex im seeing prices of 81,9 per L What the H** is going on… what the hell I might even start pushing to work …lol.

Let me know what is going on around the country????

Phil :evil:

Well speaking to some G60 owners our VR6's are actually better on fuel.....I return 32mpg average :lol:

Labour doesn't really want to win favours with car owners do they. These prices are disgraceful.

Yep, they are that. Probably a little more to do with a present climate in the middle east. Granted labour have something to do with it, but it's the whole world that's to blame! I work for an Oil Exploration company, and since being here I've turned up some interesting facts -

1. There is no shortage of oil, production is well within OPEC's boundries. So why the high price?

2. The price of crude by the barrel is nothing short of normal, say in comparision to 24 months ago. So why the high price?

3. Fluctuations in petrol prices are normally pushed down with tax increases etc... Notice how eager petrol companies are to hike prices at so much as a sniff of a tax rise. Notice how long it takes them to cut prices when tax drops/crude prices drop etc..

It really makes me laugh, we hear all this talk about fossil fuels running out. After talking to the Geophysics team over a beer, it's very interesting to hear:

"If a reserve runs out, we drill deeper. We'll explore somewhere else, we'll drill there. Be it in the middle of the Antarctic, the deepest ocean, or the most remote mountain range. Oil companies have sh*tloads of money, just ready to sink into exploration - they WILL find the oil, and they WILL drill for it. Too much more money to be made to look at "alternative" fuels.

Ooops, I drifted. :offtopic:

About 79.9 round my way for regular. And 83.9 for BP Ultimate. No sign of a Shell for Optimax, unless I'm going to Guildford.

Ta-ta

I can have one of the teams sent out if you want, do a survey. Nothing like a few good seismic rumbles from one of these bad boys to get the neighbours jumping.

seismic_vibrator_truck.jpg

At the moment I'm working for Petro-Canada, but previously WesternGeco, then Western Geophysical. All coming under the Schlumberger umbrella.

Spoke to the survey team, they reckon sometime next Tuesday for a survey. Vibrator truck might be a little overkill, so they were going to use controlled blasting caps instead. Hope you don't mind :D

randal_24 - thats as maybe, but I don't doubt that the world is running out of crude oil, and will be dry of it in 50 or so years if we don't sort ourselves out. Its not a sustainable resource, and the world is only so big.. and with production at something insane like a few million barrels of oil a DAY, there seriously can't be that much more spare.

This isn't a moan or anything - I don't doubt you know a LOT more on this subject than I do. Just trying to... er.. have a conversation about it!! :)

That's exactly what I thought, but these guys where pretty adamant that we didn't have anything to worry about. Not in the immediate future, not in 50 years either. I see what you are saying though, it's not an infinite resource - and the rate this planet is being pillaged you'd think it wouldn't be long before we all choked on what should have stayed underground! (but thank god it didn't, for obvious octane related reasons.) Linseed rape powered Corrado anyone?

P.S - In case you hadn't guessed, I love a good theory (especially if it contradicts the normal flow of thought) - and this one really caught my ear.

Hm.. interesting stuff.

I'd still be a lot happier if they could develop some kind of alternative fuel technology using a sustainable resource.. wonder if there will ever be anything like that developed in the next 5-10 years? Why ruin the planet if we can find other less harmful ways around it kinda thing!

I know Hydrogen powered cars are on the way but damn expensive.. and I know that you can run diesel cars on cooking oil and spirits mixed together of course :)

Oh and er.. sorry for going off topic on this thread. Ahem.

Normal unleaded is 81.9p and BP Ultimate now 86.9p round here!! :mad: 2 Jags Prescott's a f@t robbing c*nt :porc: , wouldn't surprise me if we see a repeat of Sept 2000 protests before too long, I hope so as it seems to be the only way to get the powers that be to listen :x

Optimax has been 80p or higher around East Anglia for ages. Esso Super Unleaded is an unbelievable 87.7p a litre, and it's cack!

I know for a fact according to a BP garage where i made my hire car explode 3 days a go, said it is set to go up even more 3 - 4 months time. Shocking realy the goverment keep putting it up, i dont think they relise that people are still going to buy it and it will still continue to run out.... all i can say public transport - i think not, this is not a solution to the problem. Alternative fuel is are they trying hard to find one i dont think so..... my words cant be expressed on that...

Off the topic i know but - A possible £1000 car tax well for bigger cars come on get with the program goverment!!!!! :p