Wompa

Heated seat Wiring Loom

Hi!

Im looking for the heated seat wiring loom for my Corrado.

Any one with that laying around? ;)

Cheers!

//Thomas

Hi, I also had this but they seem pretty pricey, I'm looking into making some up as an auto electrician think it should be simple enough, let me know of its something you might be interested in.

Thanks

James

Even with a made up loom you still need the relays (maybe still available) and the switches (obsolete).

The switches are the same on some older models of Sharan, although they have a different outer casing, but the internals are almost identical, the wheels turn the opposite way but work perfectly. I swapped the internals of mine recently 8)

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volkswagen/Golf-3-/-Vento-1H/Seat-Heating-Relay-Harness-VW-Golf-3-/-Vento

Kufatec don't list Corrado, but do have MK3 Golf - could you compare them to your non working existing or modify them to fit?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volkswagen/Golf-3-/-Vento-1H/Seat-Heating-Harness-VW-Golf-3-/-Vento

A couple of pics of the switches, the Corrado one has a rectangle outer case, the Sharan one is rounded . Plug at the back is identical.

I replaced mine as the black plastic started peeling away on the passenger side,i glued it but it was very messy,as you can see.

F8118365-44D4-4E00-81FD-01457A8E8C7A-3489-0000018776BDA674.jpg

CF6EACCD-645F-4F8D-9669-9C58AD8386E1-3489-00000187665FF61E.jpg

62106EAA-8F53-449B-B41D-AE860A1779D8-3489-0000018780D13133.jpg

AZR Tuning do all the bits required, but are a bit pricey. But at least it may give you an idea of what you will required.

This doesn't look too bad, we could use a loom from a MK3 as price on Kufatek looks decent, extend any wires that need extending, that is easy enough.

Use a sharan switch and make a new square from to place it in.

Not a huge amount of work but definitely down at the bottom of my list right now

After delivery and conversion rates you've looking around £70 for a mk3 loom, then there will be a small amount of extension required. A VW Sharan switch is anywhere from £10+ and you'll have to mod a blank to fit it in, the next problem is sourcing the relays. Does anyone have a relay part number as I can't find a clear answer...

Are the relays necessary or can the loom be modified for standard automotive relays?

Relays when available were around 75 quid each and you need 2 of them. I do have one left, price as usual 110 quid posted, and before you say it's to much I've sold two of them at that price in the past.

Sorry mate, but people are selling them on eBay for £50-60 a side, I'm not that desperate and if necessary, I'll work around it. Like I said, are they that important or can standard automotive relays be used?

After delivery and conversion rates you've looking around £70 for a mk3 loom, then there will be a small amount of extension required. A VW Sharan switch is anywhere from £10+ and you'll have to mod a blank to fit it in, the next problem is sourcing the relays. Does anyone have a relay part number as I can't find a clear answer...

Are the relays necessary or can the loom be modified for standard automotive relays?

I put the part numbers including the relays in a recent thread here:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?78277-Heated-seat-module-part-number

Cool thanks, in terms of looking for elements to retrofit (in answer to your post), there are kits on ebay or, when I retrofitted them to my Valver I bought some cheap heated seat covers and took the elements out, split them so there was a top and bottom, bought some wire and cheap switches and fitted it all. The leather seats in my VR have already got the elements but no wiring etc...

Cool thanks, in terms of looking for elements to retrofit (in answer to your post), there are kits on ebay or, when I retrofitted them to my Valver I bought some cheap heated seat covers and took the elements out, split them so there was a top and bottom, bought some wire and cheap switches and fitted it all. The leather seats in my VR have already got the elements but no wiring etc...

Thanks. I did consider using an aftermarket kit but decided to hold out for original parts so it plugs in as oem. That way if I ever change thw seats for leather then its a simple matter to swap and different plugs wont be an issue.

Also emu might mean £110 for the entire loom including relays as thats about what they sell for (give or take).

Hi

i do have a complete loom with the relays and brackets ,but no switch all taken from a late vr. if any one is interested.

Rod

Hi

i do have a complete loom with the relays and brackets ,but no switch all taken from a late vr. if any one is interested.

Rod

Yeah im interested, how much mate?

Hi there, if I can get about 5 people interested I will be making some heated seat looms up, will put a thread with details in up tonight. Post on the if you're interested.

Thanks guys