carrots

jobs you need to do but havent yet

i keep thinking about what jobs i need to get done on the corrado,ns rear axle bush i fitted os but never got around to fitting other.steering rack metal pipes mine are rusted and leaking,ive got them off ebay.fuel pipes and fuel filter both look in a bad way and could burst any time.just cant find new ones anywhere.

After changing anti-roll bar droplinks on my car towards the end of the summer, we began another job we didn't actually need to do in the end.. but in the process discovered I appear to have mismatching CV joints on my car. Couple that with a noisy wheel bearing, there's a bit of work to be tackled in January! :)

Just got a few things to do. I've just done a mountain of stuff and got the car back on road after 18 months of resting in pieces. So I don't feel too bad about being lazy.

Door handle repair kit. Although door handles aren't broken. Am going to fit them anyway.

Got to take seat out and sort out a wire.

Fix or buy new horn.

Stop interior fan squeaking.

Not much at the moment, the car appears to be a good'un. I am determined to get the bonnet painted because of stone chips, assuming I keep the car, this is my next job..combine it with getting the small patch of rust done on the bottom of front wing...keep putting it off because it doesn't really affect my everyday enjoyment of the car..need to get it looking immaculate though before the Spring and the 25th Anniversary etc

Edited by Billzeebub

Well as i havent yet started a thread for my VR.. I bought the car with a lumpy idle which I still need to cure. Hoping it's MAF related as i bought a replacement.

Currently the cars sat outside the house as I changed the heater matrix and then found the direction box is stuck on cold. Took the dash out for a second time and need to source a replacement box. I've not been actively looking but should really get round to it!

I've got the stuff to do the chains/guides(although I'm fairly sure they have been done at some point) as I want to replace the rear crank seal. Also got the stuff to do the OBD2 conversion. Uprated headlight loom. Fix the abs or possibly try fitting the improved system from the golf breaker I have. All fairly straightforward for someone with the relevant skills/knowledge. Which isn't me :lol:

Oh and grease up all the callipers as that was mentioned at last MOT :)

Enough to do :lol:

Sunroof leaking - repair

drop links and ARB bushes to do.

NEw discs and pads all round

Get clocks fixed as they intermittently work for some reason - circuit boad issue apparently.

get inlet manifold off to get to one of the throttle body bolts that has rounded off :(

Get a decent black interior to swap with mine. Never liked mine.

I've got a new top mount to fit that I bought months ago. Couldn't get the top nut undone so gave up. It makes some worrying noises when going over even the smallest bumps in the road! Also got rear bump stops to fit, again been bought for months and not got around to it. Car has developed a few electrical gremlins at the moment and battery de-charges itself within 2 days of not driving the car. Maybe need a new altenator. And to top it off I'm currently without music after that mysteriously stopped working. Good job I only use it for a stupidly short journey to work and back every day.

Oh and the cat went on the exhaust in the summer and I stupidly decided to get rid of it and just had a mild steel through pipe fitted. Wish I'd not as now the car sounds awful.

not on the corrado but on my mk2 golf i started to swap the 4into1 exhaust manifold back over to standard! what a pita! been putting it off for ages,

Finish spraying my spare slam panel and swap it for the current one that has some small dents in it. I really doubt I'll ever get around to it :D

Erm....

* Get the Charger checked / serviced as although it seems fine, I dont have any history for it

* Fix Sunroof - the usual tilt but not slide problem (no hurry for this at the moment!)

* Sort annoying noisy heater fan

* Get bonnet painted as I'm not keen on the vinyl wrap

Thats all I can think of right now - the smallest list I have had on a Corrado for a long time! :)

lots to do over next few month... but needs to warm up a bit to work in a damp garage for me.....

new discs and pads /bearings on the rear with mk4 callipers.

uprated headlight loom.

new exhaust centre section.

oil / brake fluid / coolant change and flush

bit of bodywork issue to sort....

and I've got some funny goings on with my new stereo wiring that I've not sorted yet....

Join the CCGB again not been a member since 1998 :)

bought a few bits this month though new tyres and a new speedline rim and a set of corrado mats, rear discs and pads.

Okay changing the "Initial Question" a bit.... what's Santa bringing for the rado this year !

Fit my spare driveshaft

Fit new Crank Position Sensor

Fit Starter motor relay kit

MOT and Tax

(This has been my list for the last 6 months, one day I will get round to it!)