paddy26

Paddy26's Corrado Restoration

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm from Tipperary.

Not many updates since. I was away for a month and haven't had much time since I got back.

Before I left I got the battery temporarily connected and tested all electrics. When I connected to vag-com the only faults were related to sensors that I have deleted (n249, 112, sai, etc) so I was quite pleased with that. I also had a mate make up the brake hard-lines.

I now have the dash back in (hopefully for the final time) to check that all looms are long enough and in the correct place.

I need to decide now where I will install the side indicators and if I will run the wiring for cruise control. I'm also thinking of fitting an override switch for the rad fans, just as a precaution.

I'm working on the headliner at the moment and I'll try take a few pics when it's installed.

\Paddy

Can't believe its so long since I updated. It's probably because I had a nightmare with the headliner. I had it prepped easily enough, and since I had done a lot of carpeting in vans before I kind of took it as being a formality. Boy was I wrong. 3 tins of contact adhesive, 1 spray can of glue and and about 5m of suede later I was back where I started. I eventually changed for a different suede material with a foam backing and high temp glue and got it done 1st go.

Here it is installed.

eha6y2eg.jpg

As you can see I got a good bit done over the past 2 months.

Most of the interior is in and I had the glass fitted last week. I got new trim clips from ebay and the windscreen rubber kit from arz tuning.

The brake carriers should be here next week and I have sent the starter to get reconditioned(I don't have a vice yet and I couldn't open the screws on the solenoid.)

Once I have the starter back I will be ready to start the engine and see how my wiring is.

I sent the slam panel to the painters and have to collect it soon, along with the bumpers.

I also collected my scuttle panel(thanks slim_crx) and bought new mirror glass from ebay.

Thanks also to vw rule for the wiper linkage.

Here are a few pics I took this evening.

yse8u3e6.jpg

yry2ude3.jpg

9uma2amu.jpg

y7ajubyq.jpg

amada7yg.jpg

ezejehut.jpg

7y9yju6a.jpg

apagy3e8.jpg

vuse5e4y.jpg

Thanks for the comments lads.

Not much of an update today. A parcel arrived today.

Out with the old:

4utupa9y.jpg

And in with the new:

yqu4usu2.jpg

I'll have to make a new bench for it now.

\Paddy

The only thing I got done during the week is order a few more parts.

I'll be collecting the starter tomorrow morning and hope to get a chance to get the engine running.

I have the battery on charge and got this tonight in preparation:

tatuzegu.jpg

I also bought this for the garage:

ymu8usyt.jpg

It doesn't look that big until I compare it to my old one:

ezu7avag.jpg

Hopefully it'll be the last one I have to buy.

Here's hoping I'll have a real update tomorrow.