Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Why do TVR's....

TVR raided the VW parts bin for some of the bits of their cars. Dunno why they chose Corrado ones, they were probably just the closest type to the shape they were after.

TVR owners should just be thankful that they didn't use the Corrado door handles too...

Well I never new that, you learn something every day.. Just as well they didn’t use C door handles dr_mat or they also would never be able to get in lol…. :D

Well it'd compliment the nature of TVR's perfectly as they aren't exactly the worlds most reliable cars :)

Yep the McLaren F1 uses 'Corrado' mirrors too......and the ones on the MK1 Noble GT look suspiciously Corrado like too!

They're obviously not VW mirrors otherwise they'd have been copyrighted. VW, just as TVR and McLaren clearly got them from the same manufacturer/source.

K

Yep the McLaren F1 uses 'Corrado' mirrors too......and the ones on the MK1 Noble GT look suspiciously Corrado like too!

They're obviously not VW mirrors otherwise they'd have been copyrighted. VW, just as TVR and McLaren clearly got them from the same manufacturer/source.

K

Hmm, never noticed the Noble ones before. I'll ask 'em as they're only up to road from me and I've a couple of contacts at the factory.

Sure the McLaren F1 mirrors look different to the Corrado mirrors...

I was very lucky a few years ago to have a guided tour round the TVR factory (the term "factory" I use very loosely, perhaps a better description would be "bunch of sheds, shacks and leans to's" :shock: ) and reference was made to Corrado mirrors in the 3D design room where they had a life size foam/clay/wood model they were woking on....

Other astonishing thing (apart from how they turn out such nice looking cars from such a dump!) was the engine assembly room, full of Land Rover boxes/parts (when they used to use the Land Rover V8...)

Actual guy I visted was the head electronic designer, responsible for the door switch under the mirror, boot opening on the rear badge and keyless start systems used in the Chimaera I think....

I believe I'm right in saying that the McLaren F1 uses them as well?

pretty sure its only the Mclaren F1 GTR that uses the Corrado mirrors tbh........the "standard" Mclaren i think uses a very similar design to the C ones

Only some of them had them. The other type is the longer more angular ones.

thats what i thought originally but i think its the angle the pic(s) have been taken that makes them look elongated

the base mounts on the F1 were different (longer)... it's only the body and the glass that were based on the Corrado mirror... 8)