Rams

Broken plastic pulley?

Hi all

Took the rado to Swindon yesterday with the guys and started to hear a strange noise and then this morning, it sounded like belt slip or power steering.

The noise went on the motorway and dropped off one of the guys and switched engine off. Then went to drop the other chap home and it sounded like power steering screech.

Got home eventually and just popped the bonnet and found this plastic part which looks like part of a pulley. I don't recall seeing this piece resting at the bottom left near the rad so it must be related to my issue.

Can someone confirm please?

Looks like a piece of alternator pulley. Didn't think they were plastic though, and surely it would chucked the belt off?

It didn't look too bad, bit darker towards edges.... I was too tired to look at it properly so will check it out later.

Wonder if it was just brittle or the tensioner was at fault?

The belt was last changed 2 years ago with a genuine one but its all coming out soon as the supercharger is being fitted in next couple of weeks so I will be using a different belt.

Cheers

Andy's bearing seized up and melted his pulley, but I think it was noisy for a while. This just looks like it was brittle and snapped, was it a genuine part as I think you can get non genuine pulleys on their own.

Edited by lewvw