weetos

Yet another g60 missfire thread.....

Hello,

Too many threads on this by other users but none I can find exactly match my problem.

My g is suffering intermittent missfire and hesitation, the scenario is as follows

Starts fine after a few minitues get a slight hesitation then (no particular rev range), if you plant your foot to the floor at this time the missfire is more apparant, then between 2-5 seconds she returns to normal and takes of like a scalded cat. When she's missing I've found if I turn the ignition off then on again the problem again disappears but returns shortly after.

What sensors are omitted by the ecu at start up?

So far I've changed leads, plugs, dizzy, rotor arm, checked ecu hose (1m long!), fuel pipes checked/ remade off, negative battery wire replaced and digifant control relay.

Tomorrow I'm going to swap out the fuel rail, fpr, injectors, wiring harness (off my old/spare engine) and finally the fuel filter.

The thing that stumps me though is why is it intermittent?

Any suggestions most welcome

Edited by weetos

Temp sender is on my list for tomorrow but left it out lol.

Harness looks brittle so going to replace anyway :)

Ta for advice let you know how I get on

It's funny how when hunting down faults like this you always seem to find loads of other little jobs that you didn't even know needed doing pmsl

Edited by weetos