seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Just reread your post , sorry mate i thought you meant the fuel line by the air filter as i comes up to the rail , mine was rubbing on the line and put a hole in it . When you say by the fuel filter is it the hardline you are talking about ?

Edit my brains not working ! .You should only need a new length of fuel pipe and a connector mate and i remember now i did have a leak there too .Available from halfords and the like .

Edited by robrado974

Ok mate thanks. I'll have a proper look at the weekend, but I think it's coming from the crimped part of the hose just after the filter. It's spraying upward I think so I couldn't see exactly where it's coming from. I'll have a decent look before worrying too much. Pretty sure worst case is a new fuel pipe and filter so not the end of the world.

Just found the problem with the fuel leak. Turns out it was a fracture on the filter itself. Genuine filter too and its a bit of a strange one. I've never seen it happen before but I guess its been constantly resonating against the underside which has caused it. Happy enough though as everything came off really easily so its nice simple fix.

You can see the small crack in the centre where the lip is.

20131102_092616_zpsbfaa9e24.jpg

20131102_092601_zps65a7a3e1.jpg

Off to get a replacement this afternoon so all should well.

turn it round so the cracks at the top :)

It was at the top, I think it had been vibrating on the underside that had caused the problem. :p

Housing cleaned up with the fuel from the old filter and looking nice and clean now, new filter fitted and all good. :smug:

Quick update, I'm off to pick up a bonnet and set of wings on Saturday in the correct colour. Bonnet is very good with minimal stone chips, and wings although have one or two small scabs, are much better than mine currently that have lacquer peel on the top edge of both, and rust around the front of the arch and repeater slot on the N/S. Went to collect on Sunday but didn't think it'd be safe strapping them to the roof with the kids in the car!. Gonna travel up on my own in the Corrado so if it doesn't fit in the boot, I can chuck it straight on and scrap the original worst case. Should give me a bit of breathing space with regard to respray as I think I'll get it done properly now rather than DIY, so I can save properly rather than spank the credit card which I've already done for presents this month!. I've ordered a few little bits last week - stickers for the fan shroud cover thing as mine are no longer there, a new seal for the original aerial I'm reinstating, some EL wire for the heater dials, and resistors and LEDs in preparation for the all red rears which I'll re-do over too. I've also replaced all my pillar trims with leather trimmed ones, but need to re-colour them when I do the rest of the interior too. I'm definitely ordering the Furniture Clinic Kit in January so will get it all done at the same time. The above has given me a few little bits to do over the Christmas period, obviously the weather plays a part at the moment so they are nice easy jobs that won't require too much time out in the cold! I'll get some pics up when its all on, but it won't be until around New Year as we're down in Plymouth with the in-laws for X-mas. yay. :gag:

Awesome! Think that it's a good choice to get it resprayed properly Sean! Sounds good the plans and the new things you've bought. Will be interested in seeing how the all red rears come out!

Also have a good time in Plymouth ;) how long are you down here for?

Thanks Dave. I'm interested in how the rears will look too. Its a second set I've got so will go back to standard if I'm unsure of them and don't think it looks right. I'm down from late this Sunday until 28th/29th. Won't be down in the Corrado though unfortunately, its not the long distance cruiser it once was!

Would be good that Rob, have a few busy days but may be let out to play for a day or two. I've gotta get my VAGCOM back off of Rog so maybe organise a little get together for a chat and Coffee somewhere if you like.

Thanks Dave. I'm interested in how the rears will look too. Its a second set I've got so will go back to standard if I'm unsure of them and don't think it looks right. I'm down from late this Sunday until 28th/29th. Won't be down in the Corrado though unfortunately, its not the long distance cruiser it once was!

No worries dude! Yeah i'm tempted to do the same to mine, it's a long list down the line though! And that's cool! yeah don't blame you haha

Would be good that Rob, have a few busy days but may be let out to play for a day or two. I've gotta get my VAGCOM back off of Rog so maybe organise a little get together for a chat and Coffee somewhere if you like.

If you organise something local I might be around if you two don't mind?

Trip to Glastonbury and back yesterday. Picked up a replacement bonnet and wings. Bonnet had to go straight on and old one had to be scrapped unfortunately as it was too big to cart back. Shame really as all it needed was paint. Gotta stretch her legs down to Plymouth now as the kids are so bloody spoilt, we couldn't get all their presents, luggage and travel cot in the Saab! Taking the wings and some cleaning gear down with me though so gives me something to do! I'll update with pics in the next few days of the few little things I've done. I'll arrange a mini Devon meet if I can when I get there!

A meet at mine would be good , six heads under the bonnet of my car !. THEN MAY BE WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET THE BLEEDIN THING SORTED lol.Only messing .

Here now. Threw a bit of wobbly Sat on the A38 for 45 minutes after an accident, she spluttered and almost cut out a couple of times. :confused4:, I gave her ash a little rub, told her I don't like being stuck in traffic either and that she's been grand the last couple of days, and she behaved herself after. :luvlove:

As for meeting up, I'm easy guys, anyone have any commitments so days they can't do in the next week? Any suggestions where to meet too?

Sean popped round mine today to pick up his vagcom, very nice storm, looks stunning on its rx2's and a real credit to the hard work Sean has put into it.

2 thumbs good from me, Sean is a real nice bloke to boot.

Rog.

Very kind words, thank you Roger. Thanks for the posh coffee too! Nice to see a good un' and I'll have mine as straight as yours someday hopefully! See you again soon mate, RR day around Easter would be awesome! :thumbleft: