seagei

insurance what a joke.

Just phoned up adrian flux for insurance and they want £1250! i only paid £1300 for it!

Im 22 been driving since 08. 4 years no claims. No accidents or claims. Car is a corrado 2.0 16v. and declared that its been lowered on coilovers and has alloys.

Im getting quotes on go compare for just over £650. my old mk3 golf abf cost me £499 to insure.

Can anyone give me a shout on where to go for a proper price? and is there anyone with the same age and car that could tell me what prices you are getting? cheers. :thumbleft:

If you're getting quotes for just over £650 then to be honest considering your age and no-claims it's not too bad.

Very good price. I'm 29 and I'd struggle to get better than that.

As others have said, £650 looks like a great price for your age for a corrado. Unless of course you've told a few porkies on go-compare......

In comparison, I'm late thirties and I'm paying £480 for a Saxo VTR (with a few very minor mods) with 4 years ncb, and £326 for the corrado vr6 on a limited 3000 mile policy with full ncb.

Edited by tonytiger

Yep, 650 at your age is a good price. You can get a classic policy but you have to be 25+

cheers for the replys guys. i just thought as the abf had 150bhp compared to the corrados 136bhp id be paying less. but i guess it doesnt work like that. balls!

cheers for the replys guys. i just thought as the abf had 150bhp compared to the corrados 136bhp id be paying less. but i guess it doesnt work like that. balls!

Not just engine power sadly but other factors - like how often the Corrado used to be stolen back in the day (all the time!!) which has made them disproportionately expensive to insure :(

I'm 29 and my insurance for my VR6 is through Adrian Flux, it costs me £290 on a limited mileage policy of 4000 miles, and out of the 4 Corrados I have owned I can be pretty certain that my G60 was stolen at some point( door handle ripped out aswell as steering wheel lock) and my VR6 looks like its also had the door handle removed with a screwdriver and had lots of broken glass inside the door etc. So that means 50% off the Corrado I've owned have possibly been stolen at some point, it's no wonder the insurance is stupidly high when the Corrado seems to be a joy riders dream back in the day!

Location, overnight storage and cost of parts all play their part in quotes. Your mk3 is easy to repair as there are literally hundreds of spare part suppliers where as a Corrado is a bit more difficult to get parts for.

Don't forget, there were only about 9000 Corrados ever bought to the UK where as there are bound to be close to maybe 3 or 400000 Golf's being bought here, if not more.

You buy a niche sports car, you get niche sports car treatment from insurers, parts suppliers and garages!

Yeah I remember when I bought my first 16v back at the tender age of 20 I was paying through big money for the pleasure, I'm now 26, married, car parked in a secure garage etc and I'm paying around £400 with a 4000 mile cap on use but I only do about 2000 max a year in the car anyhow.

The mad thing is about that price is that I started a brand new policy with 0 NCB as I wanted to keep my NCB with my van policy! I couldn't believe how cheap it was but that's the joy of getting older and classic policies :-)

I would say your £650 is more than fair for a niche car that is hard to repair and run.......

On my last quote with Adrian Flux for a modified Golf 3 the only mod that caused an increase in premium was the coilovers, I can't remember how much by but it was significant