Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

Proper 16's for driving 17's for show's. You should be able to fit some big brakes under them too

Maybe not James, I'll be able to squeeze some 312's but I don't think that I can get any off the shelf proper brakes. Maybe if I got some spacers then I could but the wheels sit almost flush with the arches at the front as it is.

20140622_160721_zps03edf78d.jpg

MMMMM just when you were talking about a turbo I thought you may have had the brakes in mind too. I thought they would be made for bigger brakes being a motorsport wheel :scratch:

AP did a specific 295mm 4 pot brake setup when these were on the cars but they are no longer available. Turbo would be nice, but it's a couple of years off yet. Need a new house first.

Just been through your thread, really good work. I like the idea of climatronic, the standard airbox setup leaves a lot to be desired! Also having ac is the one thing I have always missed with mine.

I share the same feelings about the ch's, they look lovely but are too heavy and detract from the driving dynamics of the corrado. New wheels look great, hope you can work out a brake upgrade solution, AP's used to be more forgiving than brembos from what i remember on the corrado specific application kits

Cheers Zak, I dropped the new wheels off earlier and will get them back next week at some point. I'll just need to find some tyres and get them fitted afterwards.

I'm currently looking at options for the aircon part of the climate control but until the wheels go, that's a non starter!

I also got the remaining two lambdas plugged in earlier so it's now running as factory minus the sai pipework.

Once this is all sorted and my bank account has returned to normal, then I'll look at suspension and brakes. AP made brakes to fit under these wheels originally so a bit more digging is required.

Maybe I'll even get the bodywork sorted,

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Well todays fixings included the stuttering spoiler. It was going up in stages so whipped out the thermo fuse, bypassed it, re lubed everything with LM Grease in the gears and Lithium grease in the cables and all is quiet, smooth and back to normal.

Exciting eh!

Maybe I'll look at the sunroof next?

Well todays fixings included the stuttering spoiler. It was going up in stages so whipped out the thermo fuse, bypassed it, re lubed everything with LM Grease in the gears and Lithium grease in the cables and all is quiet, smooth and back to normal.

Exciting eh!

Maybe I'll look at the sunroof next?

I'd like to Do some preventative maintenance on my spoiler so would do you mean by lubricating everything and what grease do I need? Is it just a case of removing the panel on the boot lid?

Not quite goldie, it's a big job in all honesty but if you know your way around a socket set you'll be fine.

You need to remove the entire mechanism and strip it on the bench. It's not complicated but it'll make sense as you look at it. The worst bit is how the wiring is intertwined with the assembly. Once on the bench it's just 3 bolts and nuts and a few clips to strip most of it down. 2 more bolts and nuts in each jack to completely disassemble it.

I used lithium grease in the cable guides and a bit of castrol lm grease in the gears. Don't go mad with the lm grease as that's counter productive. I had an old pipe cleaner to clean the large amounts of crud out of the guides.

The main problem with mine was a 20 year old thermal fuse that was overly sensitive and would keep interrupting the movement. I de soldered it and put a small wire in its place. The whole system is fused to protect it so not really a problem and it's there only because the Germans love to over engineer stuff.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Ideal. This is something I definitely will tackle in the not tok distant.

As much as I'm not that taken with the spoiler I wouldn't like it if it didn't work.