vw rule

New MK3 Scirocco like or hate it

What do you guys think to the new MK3 Scirocco.

I like the look of it from the front and side but not to keen on it from the back,

as to me the rear lights are too wide a part it looks a little odd

It might grow on me ?

Think the 2.0 turbo engine is cool though 200 to 210 BHP

There is still a lot of hype on the internet about a possible MK3 Corrado, who knows.

There is a artists impression of what it could look like.

It would be amazing if they did bring one out in the future. [ATTACH=CONFIG]73369[/ATTACH]

Quite like the Audi S3 3 door hatch.

But there is no other car out there that I really like a part from the Corrado,

it's the only car I found my self staring at for ages,

no other car has had that affect on me, well a part from a Aston Martin Vanquish or the Ferrari 355, lush cars :D

Mk3 Corrado? Did I miss one? Looks good to me as a modern rado, especially on the r line alloys.

I personally don't think there'll be another Rado as the original was such a flop for vw. There isn't much in VW's history that even mentions it. I remember being in Wolfsburg a few years ago and nothing was mentioned at all in the factory museum and only 2 cars in the unofficial museum with half a side of A4 written about the car. There was loads written about some amphibious thing though!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

I also think the back of the sciriocco looks stodgy. The car also looks like a hatch not a coupe like the above pic.

Yeah don't know there's a few right ups on it on the internet.

New Corrado Concept car.

This is just one of the right ups.

At CarThrottle, we like to cover renderings from designers that offer their impressions of a future vehicle or their own fantasy creation.

Cars like the Ferrari 4- Door, Audi R7, and the toy-car like Porsche supercar are a few we’ve done in the past.

This new one is a modern take on the Volkswagen Corrado, a hatchback performance VW car and missed by enthusiasts.

The design has been produced by Patrick Moczarsky, a professional designer and graphic artist at a company called Miranda Media. Unlike some rendered designs, his interpretation is quite tame.

He didn’t mess with the Corrado formula too much, creating a smoother, more modern hatchback design that has a similar look up front to recent VWs. The new look VW is doing fits in with the old Corrado’s design much more so than the previous design language that can be seen on cars like the current Jetta and Passat.

We’re not too sure a new Corrado would fare much better (as far as sales) this time around than it did the first time. Besides, for us, we’d definitely have to go with the new Scirocco over this proposed Corrado. Though the Corrado does look good VW just needs to bring the thing alive.

Go on VW bring out a new Corrado.

There was loads written about some amphibious thing though!

The Kübelwagen? In fairness they were awesome!

Well I've had the pleasure of quite a few drives in the new Scirocco now, thanks to the generosity of the VW Press Office:

2008: Took the just released Scirocco 2.0 TFSI to the 20th Birthday Corrado event in Germany for 5 days.

2011: Scirocco R for a weekend

2012: Scirocco BlueMotion driven 1,500 miles around the UK in 24 hours doing the 3 Peaks Challenge!

Honestly they were excellent cars, every time. If I were in the market for a new car in that sort of class, the Scirocco would have to be the choice. I think they look great, they're all pretty brisk regardless of what engine you get, comfortable over long distances (can definitely confirm that). Great cars :)

As for VW releasing a new Corrado - that'd be awesome too. Not least because it would trigger a flurry of rose-tinted reviews about the old Corrado from all the motoring mags, and I would at LAST have some content for the CCGB magazine ;)

What do you guys think to the new MK3 Scirocco.

New? It's been around for years!

I think Kip sums it up well: Stodgy looking.

It does feel very well made inside and I like the frameless doors, but other than that. No ta. It's just another fashion car like the TT.

As said above, think they look superb from the front, decent from the side and awful from the back! :lol: Think the R looks very good though 8) Would consider one in the future, but they are a little ordinary IMVHO :)

Great residuals too... a friend of mine has had his over a year and it's not actually lost any resale value at all. Wish I could have said the same for my Octavia!!

More than happy with mine :o. I bought a 170 TDI with DSG. Had it chipped at AMD to just over 200 BHP. Lovely car to drive and perfect for work. Equipment level is good too, can't really fault it.

I do enjoy driving the Corrado at weekends though.....

Love the front. Hate the back. I would have considered one if I didnt need the extra doors of a golf so I got a mk6 gti instead... And perhaps thats also a weakness in that it' quite similar to a squashed golf.

I would definitely consider one though.

For a "modern" car I think it looks OK.

It's slightly more distinctive than the raft of other cars designed purely through aerodynamic considerations. If i were in the market for a car of that ilk, I'd be tempted, I must say.

Can't say it is one that I would get out of and always look back at before I go into the house though like I do with the Scirocco/ Corrado/ GT6.

I often wonder if in 35 years time there will be crowds wandering around a field of Focus/ Corsas etc, discussing the charm/ stye of the cars!

Cheers

Jeff

I often wonder if in 35 years time there will be crowds wandering around a field of Focus/ Corsas etc, discussing the charm/ stye of the cars!

In 35 years no one will be able to afford the fuel to drive to said fields :)

The MK1 Focus RS will always attract a following, despite having the most hideous interior known to man. As for Corsas, well, maybe the VXR might attract some picnic blanket action?

I quite like 'em...... front and back!! Two Corrado owners in my hometown have 'traded up' (term used very losely as they both had VR6's)

to a new Scirocco. I think i'm the only one left now.

What i don't like is there are crap looking ones and good looking ones. I like a car where all the variants look decent (like the corrado)

I dislike them bringing out base models to cater for everyone. I think the VW badge represents cars for the typical family now and nothing exciting or sporty, just gimmicky compromise. Most of the top of range family hatchbacks look eye catching and "sporty" to most people, because of silly vents, big usually twin exhausts and fancy bumpers/wheels, its not far off the bodykit scene during the 90's.

What i don't like is there are crap looking ones and good looking ones. I like a car where all the variants look decent (like the corrado)

I thought there was only 1 Scirocco? Don't like them in white at all. Seems to be the default colour for VAGs these days, ever since the colour became trendy with Ugg boot wearing, orange make-up boys and girls because of "The only way is Essex". The road outside my work usually has 3 or 4 white A3s and A4s parked on it every day. All of them 2.0TDIs with the gun metal wheel option ticked. Bloody sheep.

I dislike them bringing out base models to cater for everyone. I think the VW badge represents cars for the typical family now and nothing exciting or sporty, just gimmicky compromise. Most of the top of range family hatchbacks look eye catching and "sporty" to most people, because of silly vents, big usually twin exhausts and fancy bumpers/wheels, its not far off the bodykit scene during the 90's.

I think that's defo prevalent with Audi, VW & Seat these days. Trendy cars for call centre team leaders, hair dressers & estate agents.

The thinking man's VW for the more discerning motorist is now Skoda. And the rich man's VW is Bentley and the Billionaire playboy can buy a Bugatti.

The VAG machine has every market cornered mate. I just wish I saw more Bugattis than essex white A3s.

Love the front. Hate the back.

Exactly what I said. Ended up buying the C instead! It'll be a bad Corrado year if I've spent more on upgrades/fixes than I would have lost in depreciation. Plus I'm learning new things all the time, with a Mk3 Scirocco I'd have been chained to the dealership with a direct debit open...

Stone

I think the Scirocco Mk. III is plain ugly. But on the other hand, it's far nicer than the boring boring boring last three generations of the Golf. I'll prefer the Scirocco Mk. III over the Golf any day. If that would happen, I'd sell the Sciroco Mk. III and get a Corrado ;)

I'd never waste money on a Scirocco, and I'll not support vw by buying another vw car with their present über lousy spare part policy. No way. Crap I'd say.

On the other hand, I'm pretty satisfied with my present Corrado, and every time I go to the local vw dealer to get spares for my Corrado, every time they say: no, sorry sir, that is not available any more, but you've got a very nice Corrado, sir.

Cheers,

Redfox ;)