maganv3

20V Turbo FMIC ISSUES!!!!!

My Rado went to get remapped this week, didnt go aswell as i hoped, Nicki at R-Tech advised the front mount is in a S%@t location and no where near enough air flow(behind the grill, to close to engine and rad)

I saw some pics on google of rado with a fmic sticking out the bottom bumper, obvisloy needs cutting ect which mount will fit behind with out cutting slam panel and all the ball ache..........any help pic ect...............thanks in advance ricky

How much of the IC is in the air flow? You don't need full exposure into the airstream for it to work but obviously if it's more than 70% blocked, it's not helping matters.

Why not use a pair of side mounts as per Audi TT? Should be able to use most of the TT's pipework I'd have thought? OEs choose sidemounts in preference to front mount as the air slows down too much, which can affect the engine cooling radiator.

Mine is mounted in front of the 16v rad but behind the bumper, there must be a reasonable ammount of air flowing through it from the lower vent.

Having said that, the UK aint that hot

Mines golf g60 one,but their tad expensive and getting hard to find in good condition. its huge and sits tight in the front but ideally need the rad that attaches to it to make it good fit.

As for temps, in heat of german summer had it at 29c.the inlet temps where 34c on the autobahn at full boost.thats a good FMIC and best part is it needs very little mods to fit

As for temps, in heat of german summer had it at 29c.the inlet temps where 34c on the autobahn at full boost.thats a good FMIC and best part is it needs very little mods to fit

5 deg above atmosphere is VERY good. 15-20 above is the norm.

5 deg above atmosphere is VERY good. 15-20 above is the norm.

It is very good kev hence im running stupid amount of timing but its a double edge sword-in winter it overcools the charged air too much so engine dumps stupid amount of fuel in to compensate for subzero temps. Its fast but terrible economy during winter

guy little off topic but ive just noticed very important engineering point id like to share. Ive just driven back from uk and had to put 30 litres of fuel in my raddo to make it to german before i had to refuel. i put in bp 97 octane and when i got to kempton in germany my engine was hotter than usual but FMIC was cold.feel the heat from my front end. put vpower 100 octane in and done the same speed at the same temp(actually i went 200 kmph for 300 kms as i wanted to get back earlier) and engine was colder than when i used 97. octane does work but fmic was still same temp drop so its up to octane rating to drop engine temp not just fmic on a turbo engine. most of you know that but i like to share thoughts with rest of the the forum.

dragoon green youve got nearly same surface area as mine so you should see nearly same temp drop mate! only that ive got vcds can i find ive got inlet temps. hows your car mate?