vagingit.co.uk

rear shocks lower bolt problem

Im trying to remove the rear shocks on my C.

The problem is the lower mounting bolt. its turning, but doesnt appear to be undoing. its very very stiff too! Should I get something on the nut on the other end of the mounting bolt?

any suggestions on how to get this bloody bolt out?

The nuts are supposed to be held captive by little inserts in the hollow rear beam. If the bolts are rusted in, then these inserts fail to stop the nut turning. If I remember correctly its not possible to get a ring spanner in to hold the nut unless you first prize out the insert. Obviously it helps to spray the area with penetrating oil and wait for a while. I never refitted the inserts so that future access to the nut is easier.

Yep what he says :lol: pull the metal clip out the way then a ring spanner will sort it :)

Check if the bush is spinning also.. I've had that on mine.. The bolt had binded to the bush :-(

Cut the nut off !

Then replace with a new bolt and locking nut, that's what I had to do with mine (make sure you use the right grade of bolt )

The metal clip just slides into the beam and hold the nut - may not be there...

You should always replace this, the nut and the bolt when doing the rear shocks but lazy garages buy parts from factors and don't bother - drives me mad!

You are trying to fix it but you people do not have experience so why you wasting your time just go to garage and do what you want to do.its my suggestion do what like to do.

You are trying to fix it but you people do not have experience so why you wasting your time just go to garage and do what you want to do.its my suggestion do what like to do.

You run a garage perchance? Two posts saying take it to a garage. We "people" have a wide range of mechanical experience which is passed on freely. If you never try you will never learn. If you have nothing contructive to say go away and learn some basic literary skills, then your dismissive posts may be properly constructed and punctuated.