craigowl

Fire extinguishers - heads up.

Yes - since I retired about 12 years ago, just when Lidl and then Aldi arrived, I have bought just about everything of use on the car or for diy, from these supermarkets.

You know, when I first started going to Lidl in Falkirk about 12 years ago, when it was new, customers - mostly pensioners - were skulking about the place looking as if they were worried that someone might see them!

My kids used to joke about me going there - all different now.

I've never seen a lidl or aldi in real life.

Do waitrose do them?

I've only ever seen waitrose bags being used to carry out goods from aldi................................

Good spotting. Looks like I'll be outside their doors in the morning. One for the car, one for the house!

I've always debated with myself whether I should keep one in the car. Tell myself it's a good idea, then think would I really want to have a car put back on the road that had been on fire? Maybe happier to let it burn and get the agreed valuation? I will probably go and pick up a couple of these though

just a quick tip, DON'T keep it under the rear arm rest... It may look like a good place, and sound like a good idea, but it's normally a tight fit, and ALWAYS very, very messy when it accidentally goes off! :oops: :lol:

May have to go and get a couple of these actually, as I think the ones in our cars are probably out of date now.... :|

Likely to be less messy there than other places? Tbh thats exactly where I was going to put mine..... may have to pad it out. You know what caused the failure henny?

Likely to be less messy there than other places? Tbh thats exactly where I was going to put mine..... may have to pad it out. You know what caused the failure henny?

I dropped the centre rest down with the extinguisher in it, and the hump's catch hit the release triggering the powder to release... :oops:

I do worry that if someone had sat on it, that a similar outcome would have happened though, so afterwards I kept one under the glovebox. I only keep one in my cars to allow enough time to get everyone out should a fire happen... after that, I'll let the insurance deal with the burnt out shell!