Jim

"James." at the FA Cup Final...?! Video clip included..

Watching the FA Cup final earlier and the moment after Wigan scored there were close ups of some of the crowd celebrating. Almost dropped my beer when I am dead certain I saw James. off this forum (owns the Campaign) jumping around with joy. I'm virtually dead certain it's him and I'm pleased to find someone has uploaded the exact clip I needed on YouTube already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRENLro-p0s

Skip to 1m03s, and the chap jumping around with the glasses and the blue jumper down the bottom left. CERTAIN it's him!! :)

It could be mate. Maybe he'll confirm soon lol

Just had a PM to confirm it was him.... rather pleased with my Corrado (owner) spotting ;)

Great spot Jim.

Can't believe how many people have seen this clip now. Was just telling Jim how my phone nearly set alight with all the messages I got over the course of the evening.

Still hasn't sank in that Wigan have their name on the FA cup. For me, the recent success story of the FA cup has always been Wimbledon, and since then the press have always secretly yearned for another unfashionable/small club to win it. On Saturday it happened again.

I've followed Wigan for a long time. From rainy Tuesday night away days at clubs like Hartlepool, Brighton, Stockport to warm sunny Saturday afternoons at Southport, Halifax and Marine. And when you've followed a club through such a meteoric rise over the last fifteen years (in a town that used Wigan Athletic as a running Joke by many, including the egg chasers), it's really hard to put into words what I'm feeling now.

I'm not ashamed to say that I was bawling like a baby after the final whistle. That fact that was also captured on film (thanks ESPN) whilst holding Oscar. In fact I'm filling up typing this.

A truly fantastic day (even though we only got home at 2:30 this morning). Many memories for the family and most importantly, the next generation of supporter.

Wigan Athletic, You are my sunshine.

Damn. The copyright nazi's have already blocked the video on YouTube ffs. Have they nothing better to do really?! :(

I am pleased for you after all the effort that has been put into that club in the last few year's it is just reward excellent :)

Thanks everyone. There simply aren't enough superlatives to express the vibe around here at the moment. Just got back from a post match de-brief in our local public house. Everyone looks like they came dressed from yesterday. We're all just in a state of shock still. It did make me smile when one of our circle of friends said they had booked a hotel for the Charity shield already !

Can't imagine there's many Latics fans on here. That said, I don't think I've seen many football threads on here full stop. Either way here's a few pictures from the day (As of an hour ago, we've been spotted on ITV, BBC news 24, ESPN and SKY don't you know). Starting with my home made flag, which I had in front of us behind the goal, and has travelled more miles to grounds than the lunar shuttle.

Think I'll be smiling like a loon for the next six months.

Edited by James.

Congrats mate, was a good game and you thoroughly deserved to win!

Wish my club would give me something to be hopeful/proud about! (Bristol City). :(

I'm with you there sean....my lot is Sheffield Wednesday...:(

mind you...on the plus side at least I get to go to wigan next season......:tongue:

Love the pics!

Was at Wembley the other day for the playoff final :D

Cheers Sean. Annoyingly, the only ground from the Championship I'd not been to was Bristol City. Sure we'll cross paths again in the next few seasons.

Doesn't seem five minutes since we played at Hillsborough pre season about six years ago. But made up about Palace getting promoted though. After all that the club has been put through over the last few years. Can we borrow Kevin Phillips if we get into the play offs next season ?

Is Speroni still at Palace?

He was our keeper years ago (Dundee FC). He was popular, 'cos he was good.

I am sure I saw him in a Palace game recently - he must have been there a while.

I really hope Kevin Philips is with us next season, but you never know. He has been a brilliant substitute option when we needed goals.

Craigowl, Speroni has been at Palace for almost 10 years - immense goalkeeper!

Won't say much about Hillsborough - but if Palace had been relegated, chances are we wouldn't exist as a club today!

Yeah fair play and well done on your promotion to the promised land!

Even though he's a Gashead, I've got a lot of time for Ian Holloway! Been a while since we've heard one his legendary post match remarks though. lol

I used to see him all the time as I grew up just round the corner from where he lived when he played, then managed Bristol Rovers. Top bloke!

I really hope Kevin Philips is with us next season, but you never know. He has been a brilliant substitute option when we needed goals.

Craigowl, Speroni has been at Palace for almost 10 years - immense goalkeeper!

Won't say much about Hillsborough - but if Palace had been relegated, chances are we wouldn't exist as a club today!

True...not the best of days for me that one but least we bounced back......just happy to be playing championship football for another season....league 1 aint no fun....