VR6 Gar

VR6 Gar's Flash Red VRT. SOLD

Cheers Ollie, pretty sure it went on straight, although it is off centre in the pic.

With deciding not to bother with a snap off boss I ordered a new Carbon horn press to replace the cracked one, so even if it is off slightly I can adjust when fitting.

CARBON-HORN-BUTTON.jpg

Lol, thats the same wheel that was in it when I got it.

Ollie, its better to have them than not, you need to keep an eye on everything when running a car like this and they pillar mounted ones are perfect for just glancing at espeically when your motoring along.

Lol, thats the same wheel that was in it when I got it.

Can you remember who you sold it to? I've just checked my PM's and I bought it from Hofmiester.

It wasn't straight after all.:bonk:

Bit of a pain as it needs fully reassembling before its straightness can be checked which is time consuming. For now I have just moved it a spline then will see if its straight when I take it out later.

Got the new horn fitted though.

20140215_083246_zpscb217dc9.jpg

Mostly love though, it has over 1000 likes. Never going to be liked by everyone.

Had to reply to the idiot who drives a Fiat Coupe and had the cheek to call my car ****,lol.

It's quite a weird thing with some of these cars having changed hands on the forum several times, you sort of forget who owns them but also gets confusing when you see cars that previously lived miles apart, in different regions.. I was momentarily looking at that thinking 'Did coulstar drive all the way down from Scotland, and meet up with Cazza?' before of course realising that neither car belongs to those folks any more :)

:lol: definitely a bit weird, especially with the gearbox as well! Car's looking great Gareth 8) gearbox still ok?

Still silky smooth. Going to be a shame to remove it but I will have to find another box for the diff to go back into before dropping it off with my mechanic to swap over.

Today I got this. Only a cheap ebay job, cost £18 delivered and is of fairly good quality considering price.

IMG_3430_zps67ab24a5.jpg

Came with some brackets I didn't need and also had some mounting points that needed cutting off with a dremel.

IMG_3443_zpsb286ccef.jpg

IMG_3431_zpsb3b75c05.jpg

IMG_3432_zps95e29a30.jpg

In order for it to sit where I wanted it the rear ash tray, which was not used anyway, was sealed shut with a couple of small blobs of PU flex.

IMG_3440_zps50ca49e2.jpg

A bit more PU was used on the underside and a couple of self tappers screwed through the centre console.

IMG_3442_zpsa672c0ce.jpg

IMG_3441_zpsfb7de1b1.jpg

IMG_3439_zps953f91f3.jpg

IMG_3435_zpsc8812541.jpg

IMG_3434_zpsba6d0b1a.jpg

The tunnel cover already had a small piece of plastic missing where it meets the ash tray, so I wasn't bothered about putting a couple of holes through it. Will also be possible to remove it by peeling off all the adhesive should I so wish.

Having seen how high the passat/mk4 golf arm rest sits and how much extra work was involved in getting it to fit nicely I am glad I went with this option.

Edited by VR6 Gar

Just fitted new Meyle track rod ends and ball joints while the weather wasn't too bad. Only got rained on once. :cheers:

Just sat in Protyre while they set the toe up.

Edit, both lock nuts are completely seized, so new inner arms required.

Edited by VR6 Gar

Loving the armrest mate, looks OE, did you go to Protyre in Plymouth??, if you did you should have popped round for a brew mate.

Rog.

Cheers Rog, was Pro tyre on Marsh Barton. Don't get down Plymouth very often, furthest I get is some friends who live in Plympton.

After the locking nuts being too stuck to undo I replaced the inner rods. Dead easy and didn't take long at all.

Today I replaced all the rear brakes. New Mtec dimpled and grooved discs, SKF bearings, ABS rings and Ferodo Premier pads. Gave the rears a bleed and bled the clutch too. Will give the fronts a bleed at some point soon.

IMG_3446_zps29f3eafa.jpg

Decided to try and reduce exhaust drone a bit further by removing the boot floor carpet and cutting some domestic carpet underlay to shape and fixing it to the underside.

Put the car through its MOT a couple of weekends ago. Only a few advisories for brake pipes which have now been treated with Hammerite krust paint.

Replaced the cheap Pioneer 6x9s with some Infinity ones I had kicking around. While there, having the stealth material up, I added some carpet underlay in the recesses on the parcel shelf to aid sound insulation further.

Today these arrived. Konig K5000 seats, the kind mk4 R32 seats are fashioned on.

Wasn't seriously looking to change the interior just yet, but I saw them on ebay and got them cheap, considering they are £960 a pair new I couldn't miss out.

Subframes have been ordered and will take about 2 weeks as they are custom built and fit the original runners. Plan on getting a leather dye kit and making the silver bits black and at some point trying to find leather door cards and rear bench and arm rest.

IMG_3455_zpse576460b.jpg

IMG_3456_zpsda41dae4.jpg

Sat in them and they are ridiculously supportive and fit me perfectly, far better than Recaros.

There are a few small blemishes, such as cracked harness plastics, but I recon I could get hold of these from Konig at some point if I so wish.

Wheels had got pretty manky so i dropped them off at SWWR for a freshen up on Monday. 2 of them were out of true, so the ride should also be improved when back on the car.

Edited by VR6 Gar

Nice find, be careful using hammerite on the brake pipes just replace them heard too many stories of brakelines just giving up and your left with no brake pedal

They only had very slight surface rust, will keep an eye on them but they aint going to break anytime soon.

I'm liking those seats, very nice, I know what you mean about Recarro's, I had them in my DC5 Integra and while they are very supportive they are just not that comfortable on a long journey, the leather seats in my storm are the best seats I've ever sat in, so comfortable.

I can't car manufacturers use steel for their brake pipes, there must be a reason but why the hell didn't they use copper in the first place.

Rog.