VR6 Gar

VR6 Gar's Flash Red VRT. SOLD

Nice to see the problem sorted ,I see volkscraft helped out , do you know matt well , only on more than three occasions I've been recommended to him and he wouldn't touch my car !, saying it was to old . matt the bug is coming to get you .

Nice to see the problem sorted ,I see volkscraft helped out , do you know matt well , only on more than three occasions I've been recommended to him and he wouldn't touch my car !, saying it was to old . matt the bug is coming to get you .

Matt is the only person I trust with my cars and as such have used him for bits and pieces for about 4 years, this being the biggest job I have had him undertake, although he now has someone else working for him who did the majority of the work.

He said he had turned down a Corrado in the past so must have been talking about yours. He ain't a massive fan of working on older stuff as every job normally turns into a complete 'mare. Luckily he knows my cars are never nails so is happy enough to work on them.

See, told you so. 24psi!!! I bet it was a bloomin handful.

After having a search around the only thing I would consider selling this for that I would be happy with is an E46 M3, but that would be the cheap end of the market and potentially bankrupt me if anything went wrong. The other option would be a 330ci M-sport, but with only 228 bhp I would get bored very quickly.

You would, I had a 130i with 260bhp and it wasnt a patch on this. Seriously you will not get anything close to this amount of fun for this sort of money. If Id thrown the money at this that I have done with the RS4 it would be utter amazing.

Went on a sound deadening mission yesterday after buying a bulk pack of 4mm silent coat.

Did the front doors/door cards to try and improve the stereo a bit.

Also added more to the boot that already had some much thinner stuff down and fitted some to the rear seat area.

That used up the whole lot but it has made such a difference. The drone from the back box now is much quieter making the car far more pleasurable to drive. Shame it's so heavy but seeing as it's no track car it was the better choice.

Probably buy some 2mm stuff just to do the bulk head and floor plan to finish it off as the engine noise is pretty loud.

Gearbox going ok mate??

Yeah great, much nicer having the longer ratios, it isn't screaming its head off on the motorway now.

Still need to strip the old box down and get the diff sent back to Peloquin for a rebuild. Luckily I had so much holiday left to take I booked off December :clap: so have plenty of time to do it.

Yeah great, much nicer having the longer ratios, it isn't screaming its head off on the motorway now.

Still need to strip the old box down and get the diff sent back to Peloquin for a rebuild. Luckily I had so much holiday left to take I booked off December :clap: so have plenty of time to do it.

I can vouch for the peloquin mine does not wheelspin it just grip's you can feel the difference with it.

Few little changes.

Fitted an uprated headlight loom and some Osram Nightbreakers (H4 Plus +90%, H3 Unlimited +110%) The difference is amazing and such an easy thing to do. The full beam fuse on the new loom(15A) lasted about 20 seconds before blowing so replaced it with a 30amp one and all seems fine.

Fitted an Alpine amp and some Focal Components. Sounds really good now.

IMG_3241_zps8c8b8f47.jpg

IMG_3244_zpsa00fd9d9.jpg

Ordered some Bardahl racing turbo protect yesterday which goes in the oil. Made my old S4 idle quieter and it is good for fuel consumption.

Well here is the damage, finally got round to starting the strip down.

IMG_3272_zpsef7d7483.jpg

IMG_3268_zps9c1889d3.jpg

IMG_3267_zpsd76afa8e.jpg

IMG_3270_zpsf89f75d1.jpg

Annoyingly that is as far as I have got. The Torx bolts in this box are T55, unlike the spare one I have sat out the back which is T60, so I don't have the correct 'bit' to carry on today.

Turns out the poor idle was the MAF, but changed the leads anyway as they were obviously on their way out.

20131220_101424_zps125f9c26.jpg

Got the gearbox stripped down. One of the big T55 bolts just decided to start rounding instead of undoing, so out came the angle grinder. Diff is now sat on the work bench waiting to be sent back to the states at some point.

I still miss lifting the bonnet and not seeing that. Its all the wee things that always show up when there not running right. I always used to automatically think the worst then find its something simple.

If you ever want to swap wheels with the MO's.....you know where I am.

....Diff is now sat on the work bench waiting to be sent back to the states at some point.

Why? Did the diff get damaged when 5th gear let go?

Picked up some 16" BBS RX2 for winter use. Other than rusts bolts they are pretty much like new, no kerbing what so ever and also came with 4 good tyres, all for £100 :smug:. Just need some 13mm spacers to clear the front calipers and some winter tyres.

Surprised at how light they are compared to the Compo's.

IMG_3297_zps33116f44.jpg

Some better pics, all wheels in the same condition.

20131231_144507_zpsfd931ca8.jpg

20131231_144545_zpsa080f9fd.jpg

Would be nice to replace all the bolts but it seems pointless being they are winters and will almost double what they cost me.

Having replaced the MAF a few weeks ago I decided it was also time to do the air filter.

Got no idea what make it is, how old or even if it is dry or oiled so ordered up a new AEM Dryflow from the states. A few weeks passed and then it arrived yesterday and I have just fitted it now in between the downpours.

These filters seem to get nothing but praise on the forums and wasn't even that expensive once all import costs were added on. It has a larger surface area than the old one, plus the colour matches better.:camp:

20140107_134948_zps1c9c3eab.jpg

20140107_135230_zpsb4f280a9.jpg

20140107_135744_zps29bf8a19.jpg