Sign in to follow this  
C6 SVR

Best Place for an LED?

May car has a Clifford Concept 300 alarm fitted.

Where the Corrado's LED normally is (by the ignition key) there is a Clifford control unit fitted. At the moment there is a Clifford LED where the seat heating controls go.

This LED now has to move to make way for seat heating controls.

Question is - where should I move it to? I suppose it should be somewhere that's clearly visable.

I'm just curious as to where other Corrado owners have had after-market LEDs fitted.

Cheers

I have one in the front right hand corner of the windscreen and one in the top center of the rear hatch window. both are clearly visible when walking up to the car so wannabe theives don't even need to bother crossing the road :)

My Clifford LED is on the gearlever housing next to the coin rack, I've got one LED for the immobilser on the Dash and one LED in each door car where the door pins used to be

Quote a popular place, from what I have seen, is up by the couple of spare 'blanking' buttons up near the fog light and heated rear window controls.. both my Corrado, and my mates Corrado VR6 (which was fitted with a Clifford) used to have the immobiliser lights around there.

HTH..

May car has a Clifford Concept 300 alarm fitted.

Where the Corrado's LED normally is (by the ignition key) there is a Clifford control unit fitted. At the moment there is a Clifford LED where the seat heating controls go.

This LED now has to move to make way for seat heating controls.

Question is - where should I move it to? I suppose it should be somewhere that's clearly visable.

I'm just curious as to where other Corrado owners have had after-market LEDs fitted.

Cheers

Mine is in the small hole in the top left of the guage pod. Sticks out a little - but nicely visible.

Mines is just below the fog light switch

Yeah that's where I'm going to move it to this weekend. It will involve drilling through this rear screen heater switch unit to feed the 2 small wires through though - am I right?

My vr6 has one at the top left corner of the instrument panel, the 16v with clifford alarm has the led on the top of the cowling that surrounds the steering column.

I'm not sure. I would guess you can get it up there by taking out the small shelf where the manual should sit. I took the blanking plate off and there loads of room behind there. Relatively speaking.

Let me know and I'll do some more investigating if it will help.

Mines next to the headlight switch, planning to fit blue flashing ones where the door pins used to be!!