james153

New Uprated Headlight Looms Just £39.99 Posted With Original Connectors

Can you retrofit the male part to earlier kits?

Hi,

Yeah we do offer a retrofit kit which plugs into the old style loom and have the male plugs to fit the car's loom on also.

The link to buy is here;

http://rayneautomotive.co.uk/shop/article_80/Headlight-Loom-OE-Trigger-Upgrades..html?sessid=xyVfZDYXOht3gfa6FGKlB9tS8f3hUWToY489toKQb0y4K12kDoCwuBeaTVT5k6Tn&shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3D80%26

The price is £5.99 plus postage of £3.

Hi,

Yeah we do offer a retrofit kit which plugs into the old style loom and have the male plugs to fit the car's loom on also.

The link to buy is here;

http://rayneautomotive.co.uk/shop/article_80/Headlight-Loom-OE-Trigger-Upgrades..html?sessid=xyVfZDYXOht3gfa6FGKlB9tS8f3hUWToY489toKQb0y4K12kDoCwuBeaTVT5k6Tn&shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3D80%26

The price is £5.99 plus postage of £3.

You got a picture of this - don't quite understand what it does??

hi James, which kit is for me?

94 vr6 LHD car

I live in Estonia/europe

the US corrado to Ecode kit ?

thanks

Hendrik

I'd say you need the UK spec loom if you have ecode headlights already.

Thanks,

James

They are pretty easy to fit. The fitting instructions are available to view on our website if you'd like to see what's involved. Thanks :)

hi James, which kit is for me?

94 vr6 LHD car

I live in Estonia/europe

the US corrado to Ecode kit ?

thanks

Hendrik

Hi everybody, just going to leave this here,

all I need to explain is, this is the first time I put on euro lights to my corrado, before I had some ****ty angel eyes fitted when I bought the car.

anyways I like to work at night and here are pics of what I saw.

the lights are not adjusted yet, so bare with me.

also the power is from the battery only, cause the engine wasn't running then.

so, # 1 oem loom / low beam

20140719_022638_zps7y9bbm8l.jpg

# 2 oem loom / high beam

20140719_022655_zpsdwnayqjf.jpg

now I connected the new loom. fit and quality is 10/10 .

then I turned on the lights and whoa

# 3 new loom / low beam

20140719_024940_zpsmf8bdmrm.jpg

# 4 new loom / high beam

20140719_025246_zpsig0k9ryw.jpg

pics are taken with my phone ( galaxy s3 )

also the car battery is quite dead so, they might be more bright when I get a new battery

James, thank you very much!

hendrik

Thanks Hendrik, this is a great display of just how much difference fitting our headlight looms can make. I'd love to see a picture with the engine running.

Thanks

James

We've just updated the bracket/relay combo to make the loom even neater. :D Pictures will follow later in the week...

tidy i will keep an eye on here for the revised version

What would the best bulb upgrade be if i get a loom? or can i stick with the bulbs i have. Plus do you have to upgrade or replace the head lamp switch in the car? need to ask as i'm no sparky. :bonk:

You dont have to upgrade bulbs or headlight switch just install loom and jobs a goodun. But if you want to upgrade bulbs i recommend osram

You dont have to upgrade bulbs or headlight switch just install loom and jobs a goodun. But if you want to upgrade bulbs i recommend osram

Thanks for that Jon.

I also read that someone had bother with a melting fuse, and to up rate the fuse to a 20amp. Would this problem be with every car? but reading between the lines it was just a problem with this particular car and not a general issue/problem.

Think it's in the wiki

The switches run hot because they draw a lot of current when on. A few have reported melted wiring that have fused together. It's when the insulation melts and the wires short that potential fires can occur. An inline fuse on the positive wire ensures this doesn't get our of hand, but it's a problem with all late cars and nothing to do with uprated looms. A fuse and holder costs less than a couple of quid from maplins so well worth doing.

To add to Sean's point, the headlight switch wiring doesn't get anywhere near as hot with the uprated loom as there is only now a nominal current passing through the wires. I would also recommend the Osram nightbreaker unlimited bulbs, I have them in my car and with the loom it's like night and day (pardon the pun). Hope this helps.

Thanks for the invaluable info guys i will be getting the loom and the bulbs very soon.

You still doing any offers with bulbs and loom James?

I searched these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-OSRAM-NIGHT-BREAKER-UNLIMITED-H1-Headlight-Bulbs-Pair-/380741486769

You will need the H4 nightbreaker unlimited bulbs for the main lighting. we do have these and I can do the bulbs with the loom for £54.99 all in at the minute if that's of any interest.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks, James

Hi James, does that offer of loom and bulbs include delivery costs?

Yes this does include all postage and packing etc :)

Forgive me if i sound silly but my Rado has a 20V turbo in, will this still benefit from the loom cause i wasn't sure about the wires from the newer engine???????????:scratch: