Portent

Under engine covers

I didn't realise until recently that the Corrado has an under engine cover on each side, attached to the splitter (one on each corner). I have a VR6 so in the unlikely event that someone is breaking a car and has them then please shout. Thanks :)

I got a pair off of Matt a while back , with some other goodies he had in his cellar . These are quite rare now , most have been removed years back and not put back on or been ripped off when the car has been lowered .

They were available last year. £38 each if I remember. At that price I gave them a swerve. But as said before, they do pop up from time to time.

Thanks. I might ask my local dealer next time I'm there. But agree if they are that price then I will probably serve too.

Mine had these plastic air guides missing along with the rad. support ones, luckily I found a pair from an 8v in the breaking section which was a bonus as they're expensive pieces of plastic new. I think one side was obsolete early last year when I was looking around for a set.

Opel Manta 1.6 I bought new in 1972 had a substantial metal cover below most of the engine and with a few inspection holes.

Quite heavy and kept on with bolts.

The new Cavalier I bought in 1978 with same engine (and built by Opel in Belgium) had, guess what? B***** all.

Poxhaull knew how to be cheapskates and make you shift brands quickly.

Edited by craigowl