Sign in to follow this  
B5VWC

Black VR6 - Rotrex - Mapping Update on Pg 20

what sort of power have you got now? 8)

430hp top end is lot better

just looking at maf options now as part throttle is a bit hesitant when easing off

cool! is that at the crank or wheels? got any power grafs?

thats crank power didnt get the graph will get one in a few weeks when its finished its looking good so far

Nice one mate, thats Mental power :shock: . Whats the Torque

Is that of of Bills heads you have

yeah sp head bargain buy in aug when $ was good

torque is around 330 when its finished will get plot with both to see difference

theres no loss of power all the way to 7500rpm

i dont reallly know about the sp head..... is it on good when you are going for forced induction? or can you use it on standard?

depends what your after spec is top quality and they use the later style heads

not sure about gains on std with 263 cams you may see decent results, should pull strong to the limiter

Wow. Really, really awesome, Bobby. Look forward to seeing this again now that it's had a bit more fettling :)

Love the work! I am wanting to Rotrex my car at some point, looks like a quality kit :)

Vick :)

Yeah its a good kit something a bit different and you can get the power down

Wow. Really, really awesome, Bobby. Look forward to seeing this again now that it's had a bit more fettling :)

Cheers Jim should have it back soon

Great car and all but that A/F gauge would do my box in flashing away with the numbers.

Yeah its it a bit mad but important at this sort of power glance over and see how its running at idle & road testing etc - just sitting on the dash so can relocate it anytime once everythings sorted

[
Great car and all but that A/F gauge would do my box in flashing away with the numbers.

Yeah its it a bit mad but important at this sort of power glance over and see how its running at idle & road testing etc - just sitting on the dash so can relocate it anytime once everythings sorted

I just find it easier to read the analogue type gauge, ie the needle with fixed numbers, im just not a huge fan of digital numbers. I had that for my boost reading on the old boost controller, i could understand it and all but it did my head in, now i can just look without thinking about it, suppose its just what you get used to.

Also is it not annoying when it says lean or rich instead of just saying what the reading is, as you know if it said lean on boost then worry but normal driving it will be going between those 2 all the time, is it your user preference as to when it alerts to those conditions. If so i would just set them so it doesnt say them at all and always says the actual reading. If it was mine of course. :D

I just find it easier to read the analogue type gauge, ie the needle with fixed numbers, im just not a huge fan of digital numbers. I had that for my boost reading on the old boost controller, i could understand it and all but it did my head in, now i can just look without thinking about it, suppose its just what you get used to.

Also is it not annoying when it says lean or rich instead of just saying what the reading is, as you know if it said lean on boost then worry but normal driving it will be going between those 2 all the time, is it your user preference as to when it alerts to those conditions. If so i would just set them so it doesnt say them at all and always says the actual reading. If it was mine of course. :D

Yeh agree its how easily you can capture the number the PLX is accurate and that all that matters, you don’t get much time to look away when boosting plus its not like I drive it everyday then maybe I would get fed up but I’d rather know what’s going on even if it was all okay, things can change at anytime

Good to meet up today for the bits... I'll ping you when they get installed and you can claim yet another grey to black vonversion...

Loving your car on here... Looks really sweet! As you said today, the ddis are nice but REALLY like the blue LCDs...So, anyguid/info on exactly how I'd go about completing the lcd conversion to black? Would look good with my blue dash LEDs..

Darryn

Good to meet up today for the bits... I'll ping you when they get installed and you can claim yet another grey to black vonversion...

Loving your car on here... Looks really sweet! As you said today, the ddis are nice but REALLY like the blue LCDs...So, anyguid/info on exactly how I'd go about completing the lcd conversion to black? Would look good with my blue dash LEDs..

Darryn

Thanks Darren, you going to reverse the lcd's not tried myself that but will look good in blue

Darryn

Thanks Darren, you going to reverse the lcd's not tried myself that but will look good in blue

To be honest I like the look you got more than reversed LCDs... How did you do it though?

Darryn

To be honest I like the look you got more than reversed LCDs... How did you do it though?

Just put a blue lit frosted bulb in the back of the clocks, cant remember where i got them will see if i can then, they twist in same as the oe green ones

Update…

Cars been running on 5 and a bit cylinders despite pulling 430hp on the rollers

So after 14 years and 125k so it was time to get the bottom end rebuilt.

2009-001-Cylinder-Block-Piston-Wear.jpg

Pulled out the bottom end – painted it up then got it rebored to 2897cc.

Went for Wossner Forged Pistons with H-Beam Con Rods - Schimmel Big Valve Head on top

2009-002-Engine-Block-Painted.jpg

2009-003-Engine-Rebore.jpg

2009-004-Engine-Rebore.jpg

At the same time added Cromoly 9lb Flywheel and Helix Clutch as the standard ones were pretty worn from the power.

Engine built backup with BVH, 263 Cams and other bits while im at it...

2009-010-Cromoly-Flywheel1.jpg

2009-022-Big-Bore-Throttle-Body3.jpg

2009-024-Schimmel-BVH-Build1.jpg

2009-026-Timing-Chains1.jpg

2009-031-Bottom-End.jpg

Spent the last week building it back up and now its up and running – did have a few issues - gear linkage and power steering – but nothing major

Also sorted a few other bits like new Water Pump & Oil Pump plus CrazyDaves Spal Brackets and new Radiator.

2009-040-Engine-Build.jpg

2009-041-Engine-Build.jpg

2009-043-Engine-Build.jpg

2009-045-Engine-Build.jpg

2009-049-Engine-Build.jpg

2009-063-Exhaust-System-Install.jpg

2009-081-Radiator-Spal3.jpg

2009-082-Aux-Pump.jpg

2009-085-Samco-Hoses.jpg

2009-093-Radiator-Fitted.jpg

Running 14s on the PLX with no engine faults and idle is spot on

2010-100-Engine-Finished.jpg

Not too concerned with the power right now but its good to know engine can cope with over 400 horses so just got to run it in over the next few weeks then may go for a 70mm pulley.

Edited by B5VWC
Lost Links

430 horses running on 5.5 cylinders :shock:

430 horses running on an engine with 125k on it :shock:

430 horses running standard internals :shock:

Fair play that's a bit of a beast! 8)

You planning to increase the power, now you have a spangly new engine with forged internals??