happyeaster

considering trading the corrado in for a golf vr6

only owned the 'rado for a month and done 2000 twistie road miles and threw more money at it than i ever wished. got the lend of a mk3 vr6 golf today and now find myself wanting more power. as much as i like my car and how well they handle the little 1.8 just isnt doing it for me anymore.

i think im going to have to sell it and buy something with a little more grunt to go with the mpg

If its not for practicality reasons, I would be looking for late Corrado VR6.

As has been said above slightly more power, and better handling in the Corrado then the Golf. Plus the Corrado looks more classic then golf.

At no point should you ever sell a corrado for a golf, get a corrado vr much better cars, I have had a golf vr and can say it was a bitter dissapointment yes the engines great its just all the junk around it,the mk3 golf is possibly the worst car ever it handles rubish and rusts ? Well were doesnt it every single pannel is a problem on them there's no specific place just the whole thing rots away

yea i think it was just a moment of madness. the vr6 golfs do handle rather bad compared it the corrado. think i will have to get saving for a vr6 corrado.

anyone want to buy a tornado red 1.8 16v corrado?

The Golf only handles worse because of it's pensioner spec damper and spring rates. I've never done it, but I imagine if you were to fit Corrado VR6 suspension to a Golf and also mirror the Corrado's geometry, they would behave in a very similar way on the roads.

MK3s do rot (from the inside out) badly though. Aside from that, the MK3 has to be the dullest looking Golf ever made.

The MK3 does have a few redeeming features though, such as proper factory A/C, a glass sunroof (that actually works), better quality interior (no crumbly heater dials) and cheaper parts because it's so common.

One other thing I noticed about Highlines and late Golfs is they purr when they cruise past. Corrados rattle and tick and sound very unrefined.

I had a black Highline back when they were newish (bought it at about 2 years old with 16k miles on if I recall). I really loved the car. The engine was OBD2 and definitely a lot smoother and quieter than my 19 year old Corrado with 143k on the clock!

But if I were to buy now, then the Corrado wins for me.

yea i seen since after a couple of days driving the golf and handed it back. as much as i loved the power they are a boring looking car and dont handle anywhere near as good as the corrado.

so i am now on the look out for a vr6 or g60 corrado. preferably a vr6 for the torque.

but what do the vr6 handle like? surely they are a lot heavier up front being a 2.9 rather than 1.8 16v. the 1.8 handles great and can put it into corners at whatever speed and it just seems to stick to the road but there is no great power and the vr6 is just amazing.

It will feel slightly nose heavy but the handling is still extremely good. The weight difference is not massive.

Never had any issues with VR6 nose weight either. The people who get loads of understeer from VRs must have schitt tyres or drive like an idiot. I.e. Clarkson "Full throttle into the apex" style.