Alastair1

Milltek exhaust, VR6

Anyone had problems with fitting Milltek exhausts to a VR6 1995 spec.

Bought the Milltek as I though there would be mo problems with fitting, aparently last one they had.

Mounts all seem O/K, it is the tail pipe which does not line up with the cut out in the rear bumper, about 1.25" off and hitting hard against the bumper

Don't suspect anything wrong with the car, is there anything I should look out for.

Milltek say the exhaust is absolutely O/K, should the tail pipe on the milltek have a slight bend or is there anything else likely to be wrong on the exhaust.

Thanks. Al

Miltecs do have a bend on the tail pipe , it's why a lot of people go for them , as it looks closer to the oem exhaust . When you say it's close to the valance , I presume you mean because of the bend . Adjusting the rubber mount should sort it .

P1010217.jpg

P1010231.jpg

I have a milltek on mine mate that was fitted by AMD, there is no bend in my tailpipe, the fit is great with absolutely no banging. I have attached a couple of pics so you can see how mine looks etc.

Ah , i thought the milltec system was the one that bent to the left like the original . Is it the one that bends up slightly ?

I'm actually in discussion Witt Peter from dub power about them makings tweaks to the exhaust tailpipe to match the standard corrado tailpipe.

Recon they would be onto a winner there.

I am gonna need a new exhaust and think I will go for the DubPower, like the angle of it, if they can get it looking even more OEM so much the betteR

I bought a Milltek in January, also apparently the last one. My hangers are the wrong type but I've found a place which can fit it. It's still sat in the hallway :)

I'm actually in discussion Witt Peter from dub power about them makings tweaks to the exhaust tailpipe to match the standard corrado tailpipe.

Recon they would be onto a winner there.

Thanks for getting back to me again becaus it looks like we both have exactly the same problem, exhaust is fine except from the tail pipe back.

Just back from Preformance 360 who I got the exhaust off, they are working with me for a solution and also getting back to Milltek to get them to agree to resolve. (hopefully)

With the car up on ramps the exhaust does look well aligned except for the tail pipe. To bend it or cut it and set an angled piece in may look bad.

We think a remade offset bracket may be a better way to go, this would mean the end of the tail pipe would not be off set to the bumper at an angle if the pipe was altered.

Will depend on what Milltek say but I will let you know whatever solution we come up with.

ATB, Al

VR6 pete

Hope your getting your exhaust sorted O/K, you will see from my pic attached that we fitted an off set bracket, the exhaust is lined up perfectly.

The only place to bend or set a piece into the exhaust would have bern between the mounting and the tail pipe end fitting, a very short section to adjust

Hopefully my picture attached O/K

All the best to you and your Corrado.

Al

i recall i had to adjust the rear box hanger slightly too, nothing major, something like rotating it through 180 degrees or similar. system fits perfect in bumper notch and no knocks.